Sponsored

Dkretden

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR 3.6L
LOD looks like they are in the process of bringing one to market. Check their website.

Rahneld

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Ronald
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Wrangler
Does such a thing exist?
The Gobi rack is also compatible with the soft top.

There will be more racks that also meet your criterion. I suggest you check here from time to time:

https://www.jlwranglerforums.com/forum/threads/the-roof-rack-list-jl-jlu-wrangler.2665/

Any rack that attaches at no point to the top should probably be compatible.

That said, there's compatible and there's COMPATIBLE. The Gobi rack can be elevated by tilting it back to take the soft top (all the way) down. It will not fit back if the soft top's in Sunrider position.

Still more, I can't see the tilt process being much possible if the racks get more than a light load on it.

The soon to be released LOD rack promises to be able to entirely slide its basket to the side (either side, I think depending on how its installed as opposed to bi-directional). This will allow you to take the top down and slide the rack back. Sections of the rack not being used can be removed to allow you to have the top be in Sunrider position: possibly without even sliding the rack out of the way temporarily first.

While unlike the Gobi rack you will be able to do this slide with some items on the rack, "Engineering 101" would tell us that no way can the rack be extended temporarily to its complete cantilevered position for soft top access, with its maximum payload, unless LOD fabricates some soft of vertical supports for the device....yet to be determined.

Hayseed_JLUR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR, 2015 JKU
The LOD and GOBI are the only two I have found. We use a cage type (tubes) on our JK soft top that is simple and relatively low cost - work great. Which more would come out for the JL so we can put kayaks and stuff on top. For now we put it on the trailer.

Hayseed_JLUR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR, 2015 JKU
To follow-up, I checked with Rugged Ridge (will be out in 2020) and KMS (will not make it - ever).