ExitLeft

First Name
Wes
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 Jeep Wrangler TJ
Vehicle Showcase
Aside from the inherent issues with rolling plastic windows that have always been present, is there a reason why nobody seems to be rolling the JLU soft top windows for storage? In my previous JKU I always rolled the windows up in a Clover Patch window roll and stored them rolled up under the back seat. Great for impromptu windowless/topless outings. I also kept them rolled up in the Clover Patch all winter while the Hard Top was on. I realize that the JL has the hard fixed rear corner, but surely it could still be rolled. I don't think the top bead channel would get messed up, would it? The bottom tab that mates with the jeep beltline is the same as the JK and that was rolled all the time with no ill effect.
Granted, I only swapped to my soft top this past weekend and really have no experience with these windows yet, but I fully intend to try rolling them when this rain stops. Am I missing something?
Sponsored

Last edited:

dsgrey

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU
Vehicle Showcase
I roll the back window once and keep two pool noodle pieces at the bottom so it doesn't crease. I use a JK bag so it fits nicely in the back. I never fold the side windows either.
Sponsored