Rock Lights

engineXI

First Name
jank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
rubicon
Installed an sPod, now I got all these buttons I need to hook stuffs too. Was thinking rock lights would be a simple addition.

Most of the ones I have looked at online appear to be of very low quality. The Baja Designs are potential. There is something in the manual though, it says they need to be connected to metal (and not plastic).

Anyone with some experience (and some pictures)?
Sponsored

OP
OP
engineXI

engineXI

First Name
jank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
rubicon
Does the Baja Designs need to be drilled into the body?

DaddyEngineer

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Rubicon
My daughter got me some inexpensive rock lights and I installed them not to long ago. I actually used 3m automotive double sided tape for the front under the turn signals. In the back I made a bracket out of some angle aluminum bolted to the slider bolt.

E976CEEE-85D0-4F9F-9D87-5A2BFC74149C.jpeg

819A16D0-CD7B-43DA-A489-1A41C6F3EF3A.jpeg

1805519B-1408-42EC-9298-4C0269C87692.jpeg

6930A5CA-53A5-49A7-8E92-90581004A313.jpeg

OP
OP
engineXI

engineXI

First Name
jank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
rubicon
My daughter got me some inexpensive rock lights and I installed them not to long ago. I actually used 3m automotive double sided tape for the front under the turn signals. In the back I made a bracket out of some angle aluminum bolted to the slider bolt.

Jeep Wrangler JL Rock Lights 6930A5CA-53A5-49A7-8E92-90581004A313
Well, looks cool as heck. On the rear, did you drill into the frame?

DaddyEngineer

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Rubicon
Well, looks cool as heck. On the rear, did you drill into the frame?
I bolted the bracket on with one of the slider bolts. You can see one above the bracket. Rubicon sliders and stock running boards have bolts that go through the pinch seam holes to mount to the body. If you have a Sport without running boards, there will just be the hole.

Scott

Sponsored

EZMFE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
Installed an sPod, now I got all these buttons I need to hook stuffs too. Was thinking rock lights would be a simple addition.

Most of the ones I have looked at online appear to be of very low quality. The Baja Designs are potential. There is something in the manual though, it says they need to be connected to metal (and not plastic).

It might be worth your time to check out Lux Lighting. Their lights have magnets on them to place them where you want or move them around. You can purchase a pro-install kit that will allow you select between multiple zones and connect to your spod (ex: fender well, undercarriage, engine compartment). Could also just combine the wires for one or multiple zones and connect them directly to the switches. Just depends on your needs.

You will want to decide on color (white/RGB), how many lights you want, and what lengths. Personally I went with 12 lights (6-20ft / 6-10ft)... this will allow me to place lights behind and in front of each of the wheels and also one in each fender well.

Haven't installed them so no pictures on the Jeep but there are video's on YT if you want to check them out.

Jeep Wrangler JL Rock Lights Lux_Lights

Jeep Wrangler JL Rock Lights JL_Undercarriage

ORACLElights

Peak Sponsor (Level 2)
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.oraclelights.com
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler JL
Occupation
Automotive LED Manufacturing

Our rock lights are a great option if you are looking for high quality components for a fair price. With multiple options on the market, you want the best quality for a good price when choosing white rock lights. Using quality Cree XQ-Eare chips and expertly-engineered components, you get our 4 intensely bright white rock lights in a kit for the same price as other brands who charge up to $100 per light. Get the same brightness and quality for a fraction of the price with ORACLE Lighting underbody LED white rock lights!

https://www.oraclelights.com/products/oracle-white-underbody-wheel-well-rock-light-kit-4-piece

Jeep Wrangler JL Rock Lights whiterocklightswheellightsoculusandfogs_04bbc7e9-6b8c-4799-8c86-627754593282_1024x1024
Sponsored