Rock Krawler 3.5 X-Factor

Fizzlepop

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Rubicon
I'd like to start off by apologizing for my first thread being this type. I read the forums all the time and usually dont need to post as theres mounds of information. With that being said, I've not seen this posted yet.

Warning: slight rant ahead.

Brought my jl over for an alignment after installing my 3.5 X-Factor. There happened to be another JL that they installed a MC Game Changer on. 37s aside, I noticed that the MC jeep had more clearance between his fenders and tires than I did. I mentioned something about it, and Jay took measurements. Game Changer sat an inch and a quarter higher. Now, obviously regret started to settle in, but it was whatever.

I then remember the boxes being labeled as "2.5 inch JK front coil", so I called up RK and asked them what kit the part number for my coil goes to. She told me the JK 2.5 and JL 3.5. Then I'm told that it's because the JL is 300lbs lighter, so the spring sits higher.

On top of this, the RK lift came with new spring seats. These spring seats are more or less spacers, as they raise the spring off the axle higher than the stock ones. So, I have 2.5 inch springs, and a .5 spacer on a JL because it equals 3.5 on a bare bones stock rubicon. Not even a steel bumpers one.

So, some rough math puts undercarriage armor at 100 lbs. A steel bumper at 50, and a winch with line at 50. Tire carrier adds more, weight of a larger tire, etc. When it's all said and done, a reasonable trail rig will be sitting at about 2.5-2.75 inches on RKs lift. Mopar, MC, hell even skyjacker compensated by going longer to balance out.

To top it off, the passenger shock hits frame on flex(MC includes outboard shock brackets for this), and the rear sway bar bolts make contact with the frame on flex, and the track bar is within millimeters of hitting the exhaust. At this price point, and being top of their line, I cant even begin to Express the amount of disappointment in this lift. There is no reason a JL rubicon should look perfect with high fenders, a 3.5 inch lift, and 35s. It honestly looks like I'd rip the fenders off if I tried to flex with 37s. I've included a picture of my jeep post lift.

20180718_183635.jpg
Sponsored

Moto_21

First Name
Erik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport
Occupation
Maintenance
Vehicle Showcase
Did you order from RK directly? I dont think thats right on the components it lists a different part number for the 3.5 and the 2.5. I was going to order my 2.5 kit from northridge but the part numbers didnt match up to thier website, it was all JK springs and shorter fronts like you have.

OP
OP

Fizzlepop

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Rubicon
Did you order from RK directly? I dont think thats right on the components it lists a different part number for the 3.5 and the 2.5. I was going to order my 2.5 kit from northridge but the part numbers didnt match up to thier website, it was all JK springs and shorter fronts like you have.
I ordered from a friends shop, and verified through RK on the phone that the JK 2.5 coils are the same as the JL 3.5 coils.

Moto_21

First Name
Erik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport
Occupation
Maintenance
Vehicle Showcase
I ordered from a friends shop, and verified through RK on the phone that the JK 2.5 coils are the same as the JL 3.5 coils.
Weird, cuz if I look up the JL coils and thier JK coils they are different part numbers. Hopefully they will chime in. My box says front 2.5 JL springs.

OP
OP

Fizzlepop

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Rubicon
Weird, cuz if I look up the JL coils and thier JK coils they are different part numbers. Hopefully they will chime in. My box says front 2.5 JL springs.
My front springs are part number 03100. Looking that up links to 2.5 JK springs, and now 3.5 JL springs

Sponsored

Moto_21

First Name
Erik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport
Occupation
Maintenance
Vehicle Showcase
My front springs are part number 03100. Looking that up links to 2.5 JK springs, and now 3.5 JL springs
Hmmm odd. I just looked up the part number for my springs as well, its only the 1.5 for jk Now im genuinly curious too cuz i ordered the other part number. RK06841 which says 2.5. Does that mean my RC spacers are gonna net higher? That seems like an oversight on thier part to have two different numbers.

Moto_21

First Name
Erik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport
Occupation
Maintenance
Vehicle Showcase
While im at it my back springs are wrong part numbers too. Im glad you pointed that out.

OP
OP

Fizzlepop

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Rubicon
Hmmm odd. I just looked up the part number for my springs as well, its only the 1.5 for jk Now im genuinly curious too cuz i ordered the other part number. RK06841 which says 2.5. Does that mean my RC spacers are gonna net higher? That seems like an oversight on thier part to have two different numbers.
The part number
This is my RC 2.5 lift for comparison to the RK 3.5. Notice the distance between the fenders and tire compared to the above pic.

20180629_194823.jpg

1980JeepCJ7

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
04 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited, 1980 Jeep CJ7, 2018 Jeep Wrangler JL Unlimited Rubicon
Occupation
Steelworker
Installing the RK 3.5" xfactor this weekend. My coil part #s Rear RK06693 and Front RK03100.

Moto_21

First Name
Erik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport
Occupation
Maintenance
Vehicle Showcase
I see the spacer kit looks like its higher. Now i dont want to install mine if its going to sit lower than I have it now and in the “stinkbug” position. Im concerned now.

Sponsored

Moto_21

First Name
Erik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport
Occupation
Maintenance
Vehicle Showcase
With those part numbers we could have ordered the JK springs for cheaper than the JL springs cost. Glad I paid a higher price for old springs:mad:

OP
OP

Fizzlepop

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Rubicon
The mopar 2.5 is running 3+, MC is running close to 4.5, skyjacker is running 4+, and my RK is running closer to 3, and that's stock weight.

Moto_21

First Name
Erik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport
Occupation
Maintenance
Vehicle Showcase
The mopar 2.5 is running 3+, MC is running close to 4.5, skyjacker is running 4+, and my RK is running closer to 3, and that's stock weight.
Yeah that doesnt seem right to me

Moto_21

First Name
Erik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport
Occupation
Maintenance
Vehicle Showcase
Right now with spacers my front is 8” from top of tire to fender lip, rear is 8 1/4”

OP
OP

Fizzlepop

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Rubicon
Right now with spacers my front is 8” from top of tire to fender lip, rear is 8 1/4”

It is what it is. **results may vary**. Just know that MC and RK are pretty much neck and neck in the game, and obviously with MC's 3.5 of actual useable height after addons, it puts them at a better price point, especially given their kit comes with shocks.
Sponsored