Rifle mounts

CypressWrangler

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler Sport S JLU
Anyone mounting a rifle in their JL? looking for ideas. Thanks!
Sponsored

XTrooper

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Retired in the mountains of Northeastern PA
Website
xtrooper.net
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sahara JL
Occupation
Retired New Jersey State Trooper
Vehicle Showcase
Anyone mounting a rifle in their JL? looking for ideas. Thanks!
Unless you have a need for instant access to your long arm, I think a decent hardshell case is the way to go. The last one I bought was from Cabela's and is sold under their brand. It's heavy-duty and wasn't crazy expensive either.

SlickJoe

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
05 Honda Element (2018 JL 3.6L on order)
Unless you have a need for instant access to your long arm, I think a decent hardshell case is the way to go. The last one I bought was from Cabela's and is sold under their brand. It's heavy-duty and wasn't crazy expensive either.
Agreed. As cool as mounting stuff looks, I'd be too worried about having things that could possibly act as projectiles mounted on the inside in case of any accidents (shovels, rifles, flashlights, etc)

Sponsored

Biscuit

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport
Occupation
Retired
Unless you have a need for instant access to your long arm, I think a decent hardshell case is the way to go.
As a Texas expatriate, I know that road hunting qualifies as "a need for instant access" among some Texans.

Swanny297

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL
Beautiful! Just what I am looking for. Pretty good idea for when I need instant access.
I wouldn’t trust anything on their site that was intended for a JK that they say is compatible on a JL - lots of examples of this on other JK parts that haven’t fit - I would check with the manufacturer and ensure fit on a JL before buying from them.

DanW

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLUR, 18JLUR, 08JKUR, 15 Renegade, 04 WJ
Vehicle Showcase
Tuffy is making a new tailgate safety box that would fit my Tavor, but might also fit an AR with a 16" barrel and the stock fully collapsed. If not, it would fit an AR pistol. I'm on the fence with it, though, because I don't want the weight on my tailgate. I think it also works as a tailgate table.

For now, my Tavor will be in a tennis raquet bag. (Of course, I won't leave it unattended or unsecured.)

4x4snowmachinejeep

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Wrangler 4xe White
Occupation
Travel Industry
We run pelican cases for all our gear, they last forever and look the best , for rifles try the 1700
Sponsored