Sponsored

DaltonGang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JLU Sport S, Rubicon Suspension, Tires, and Rims. Firecracker Red
how did they clean it up? did the run off go into the water system?

I live in So Cal USA and we have a problem with street racing and bad drivers thinking they can handle their cars or trucks, I don't have a problem with burnouts, just I have a 15 year old that does not need to see these people doing theses stunts like its easy and not dangous if you are not a seasoned driver.
I also live in a small town in Mexico during the winter and it makes me sad to see beautiful country roads with also not one or two but alot of burn outs,,, tacky,,,,,, for the people who live in homes 15 feet way from a burnt out no cool, would you like one infront of your home?

fyi

A new study by researchers from Stockholm University concludes that automobile tires may be a potential previously unknown source of carcinogenic dibenzopyrenes—a type of high molecular weight polycyclic aromatic hydrocarbon (PAH)—to the environment. Their findings are published in the ACS journal Environmental Science & Technology.
Don't over think it. It's just a fun video. Give your 15 yr old some credit, to have sense enough not to do this stuff on the streets.
Sponsored

jeepingib

First Name
Dusty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18' JLUR Punk'n
Occupation
Mechanic
how did they clean it up? did the run off go into the water system?

I live in So Cal USA and we have a problem with street racing and bad drivers thinking they can handle their cars or trucks, I don't have a problem with burnouts, just I have a 15 year old that does not need to see these people doing theses stunts like its easy and not dangous if you are not a seasoned driver.
I also live in a small town in Mexico during the winter and it makes me sad to see beautiful country roads with also not one or two but alot of burn outs,,, tacky,,,,,, for the people who live in homes 15 feet way from a burnt out no cool, would you like one infront of your home?

fyi

A new study by researchers from Stockholm University concludes that automobile tires may be a potential previously unknown source of carcinogenic dibenzopyrenes—a type of high molecular weight polycyclic aromatic hydrocarbon (PAH)—to the environment. Their findings are published in the ACS journal Environmental Science & Technology.
If you are worried about your 15 yo being influenced by and copying these driving procedures, then you should be a lot more worried about other things that they will see, and their decision making skills. But if you raised them right, and trust them to make good decisions then you should be able to enjoy the video with them. I'm sure you watched some action movies and shows as a young teenager and did not try to recreate a Dukes of Hazard, or Smokey and the Bandit jump. Give your kid a little bit of credit to reason for themselves.

jeepingib

First Name
Dusty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18' JLUR Punk'n
Occupation
Mechanic
I wonder what day they filmed this, because I was just there at this BRCC in Boerne a couple of weeks ago and they were doing something as I was leaving. I remember seeing signs that the parking needed to be cleared for an event later in the day. If I would have known I would have stuck around and tried to get my Jeep in the background.

RELBUS

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
97 TJ , 22 JLURXR 392
I'd like to see build details on the Jeep that starred in that video. Anyone know anything? Anyone notice the 4xe charging port? That 2.0 PHEV sounded great! :giggle:

Tread4Lo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22'JLURD
@RELBUS I would like to know the same. Yeah it is definitely not a 4XE. I did wonder why they would start with that chassis/body just to drop a V8 into it.

Love the half doors with the SOT. I should have order the SOT with mine. Too late now.

Sponsored

Phred

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Sport S JLU, 2020 JL, 1948 Willys Pickup
If you are worried about your 15 yo being influenced by and copying these driving procedures, then you should be a lot more worried about other things that they will see, and their decision making skills. But if you raised them right, and trust them to make good decisions then you should be able to enjoy the video with them. I'm sure you watched some action movies and shows as a young teenager and did not try to recreate a Dukes of Hazard, or Smokey and the Bandit jump. Give your kid a little bit of credit to reason for themselves.
Every 15 yr old should be taught to do this and the maturity to NOT do it.

Pig-Pen

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU
Occupation
jabroni
Clubs

Love that jeep. it looks amazing. incredible to see it being driven like that. i know the drivetrain is not stock but the suspension appears to be and he's on off road tires. with tons of power, anything will spin lol.

wtf was the cop driving is what i want to know. looks like a modern day badass subaru brat.

TOTL Innovations

Rock Sponsor (Level 1)
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.totlinnovations.com
Vehicle(s)
2008 JK
i know the drivetrain is not stock but the suspension appears to be
Suspension definitely doesn't look stock. At the 1:11 mark, you can see an aftermarket sway bar arm and at the 1:36 mark, you can see a coilover and an aftermarket lower control arm. They had to really stiffen things up to make that Jeep perform like that.

Sponsored

Krackerjacked

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 GX470
How’s it going guys?
I’m fortunate enough to work for the city where this was filmed and got to speak to the guys who built the jeep (they run a shop out of Cali and built a lot of rock buggies for king of hammers and whatnot, can’t remember the name though)
It is owned by Casey Currie of Currie Enterprises. It was initially a preproduction 4xe, he was able to purchase it and have it built into a drift jeep. It’s usually rocking a monster wrap but they swapped it over for this production.
It is powered by an lsx making 770hp and has a 6.50 rear end. Normally runs a 5.50 but the General ATs they were running are stickier than the Nitto MTs it usually has and they added some serious weight of stereo in the rear. Given the gear ratio it topped out at about 60 which definitely appeared to be frustrating for Dave. The front end is a beam replacing the axle and it has coilovers all the way around. They also mentioned having lowered it 4” however the tires are true 35x12
The Brat is set on a C4 chassis and has an LS3 making 6-650 up (can’t remember exactly as this was a couple months ago and it was a crazy couple of days)
I’ll attach the photos/video I took of the jeep and Brat. This was easily the coolest week of my job lol.
The streets were pressure washed immediately when they’d move to the next location to shoot. I’d say they got up 85% of the rubber laid down.

Jeep Wrangler JL Black Rifle Coffee Co. Jeep Chase 5F9C3923-253F-4BF2-BD6F-7DCADC6A3561

Jeep Wrangler JL Black Rifle Coffee Co. Jeep Chase EDC1F6DF-5E9C-4453-B42F-69D59327BC6F

Jeep Wrangler JL Black Rifle Coffee Co. Jeep Chase 2E787076-28F3-43ED-A4D4-27A742D8BE94

This video was too large to upload here. My buddies owns the Golf that got sprayed with dirt and he had his driver side window down unfortunately lol

F38ED14A-5AB7-4E28-9BA5-1D37E96B6F6A.jpeg

E2BF08C7-94D9-4E18-BC92-35A77D9FFFE1.jpeg

jeepingib

First Name
Dusty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18' JLUR Punk'n
Occupation
Mechanic
How’s it going guys?
I’m fortunate enough to work for the city where this was filmed and got to speak to the guys who built the jeep (they run a shop out of Cali and built a lot of rock buggies for king of hammers and whatnot, can’t remember the name though)
It is owned by Casey Currie of Currie Enterprises.
Do you remember when it was filmed? I was in Boerne on the 2nd of October and saw that they were getting ready for an event of some kind, maybe this. I would hate to think that I missed the opportunity to see this in person.

Krackerjacked

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 GX470
Do you remember when it was filmed? I was in Boerne on the 2nd of October and saw that they were getting ready for an event of some kind, maybe this. I would hate to think that I missed the opportunity to see this in person.
Looking back at my photos it was September 19-21st.
The most recent thing there was the 8th when they had a block party for the premier of this video, that’s more than likely what they were getting the signs and all up for.
If anyone has any questions I’d be happy to try and fill y’all in.

Pig-Pen

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU
Occupation
jabroni
Clubs

Suspension definitely doesn't look stock. At the 1:11 mark, you can see an aftermarket sway bar arm and at the 1:36 mark, you can see a coilover and an aftermarket lower control arm. They had to really stiffen things up to make that Jeep perform like that.
yeah what i should have said was "stockish" lol. its not a wrangler body thrown on a different chassis with completely different suspension. obviously this thing is highly modified.

brewski

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR-diesel
That Brat was the coolest vehicle IMO. I liked the boy Scott hitting Travis Pastrana with the bag of peanuts, he seemed genuinely surprised. A lot of work put into that JL to handle like that.
Sponsored