Steve.Manny2025

First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
Hey y’all!
Been thinking about installing a rhino rack system. Future plans are a rtt. I was thinking about getting the 3 cross bars instead of the entire rack. I’ve been in their website and they offer 3 different types of bars. Can anyone shed any light on what experience they have with them? Thanks!
Sponsored

chevymitchell

First Name
Shawn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR (Pain Train), 2022 2500 AT4
Occupation
Avi Engineer
Hey y’all!
Been thinking about installing a rhino rack system. Future plans are a rtt. I was thinking about getting the 3 cross bars instead of the entire rack. I’ve been in their website and they offer 3 different types of bars. Can anyone shed any light on what experience they have with them? Thanks!
Don't run an RTT with just the bars on the rain gutter. You will definitely break it.

Reinen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler JL Rubicon
Even with the backbone system pay close attention to static & dynamic weight limits and never exceed them. The dynamic weight limit is about 1/4 of static.

The weakness of the RR backbone system is side to side trail movement. It can cause the rear of the HT to sway causing cracks in the upper corners of the rear window. You'll likely be fine if you stay under the dynamic weight limit but if you exceed it or it otherwise fails it will destroy the HT.

See this thread: https://www.jlwranglerforums.com/forum/threads/hardtop-cracks.73059

Another option to look at is Maximus-3. They make their own mounting HW that connects to the roll bars instead to transferring the weight to the HT base like the RR backbone does. They pair it with an appropriately sized RR. It's more of a PIA to install due to bolts in tight spaces but it makes for a stronger mount design once it's in as there is far less room for undesired bending of the HT.

jhackathorne

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 JLUR
Don't run an RTT with just the bars on the rain gutter. You will definitely break it.
This is not a true statement 100%. I have been running Exposed Racks and a 147 lb. RTT and have had zero issues. You have to make sure you get the correct setup if you are doing it this way. Do my rain gutters look like they're broken?

IMG_5201.jpeg
Sponsored