Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR in Punk'n Orange
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Turn Wrenches/ Write code
I have a Cobra model 25 (older one) I want to mount overhead, center of the cab. I tried my CB bar from my old TJ and while it fits across the roll bars, it looks like I’m going to have clearance issues with my top latches and sun visors that I can’t adjust. I don’t want to spend $100 on the [Banned Site] or other similar CB bars for a multitude of reasons, main one being I’m cheap as hell.
That said, has anyone successfully retrofitted one of the Sunpie/ Rugged Ridge style mounting brackets? It’s cheap on Amazon and looks like it would be perfect for my application
Here’s the link:
SUNPIE JK CB Mount Overhead CB Radio Mount for Jeep Wrangler 2007-2018 (Over Rearview Mirror CB Mount Accessories) https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07CSRX7VJ/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_i_0BUGCb0DFDWG2

It looks like the bolts behind the “passenger air bag” light might bolt right up. Has anyone removed that panel? Any pictures available with the panel out? Thanks in advance.
Sponsored

OP
OP
RubiSc0tt

RubiSc0tt

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR in Punk'n Orange
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Turn Wrenches/ Write code
Looks like nobody has attempted this.

Following up: Moved the "passenger airbag" light trim piece and it looks like there aren't bolts that would fit the bracket in the original post, so this would require more fabrication. than I initially thought. There are bolts for the two hard top brackets (on the equipped models), but those are too far apart to use for the footman loop holes.

I may explore some other options first. I want a clean install and the amount of fabrication involved in making this work, it doesn't look like that will be the best option.