Replacement 2021 JLUR

Fsttanks

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 JKU / 2014 JK / 2020 JLUR
Ordered a replacement for my “buy back”2020 JLUR two weeks ago and it is already built and waiting for shipping! Surprised my dealership, they expected at least two months before it was built. Unfortunately it still looks like it will take longer in transit it then it took waiting for it to be built.

2021 2.0 auto red JLUR with hard top and no frills. Unlike my 2020 that had almost every optional box checked. Never used any of the extras so kept this one simple with less to go wrong 🤞🤞.
Sponsored

DUNE RAP

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep JL 2DR RUBICON
Seriously amazing how fast they are pumping these out!

OP
OP

Fsttanks

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Seriously amazing how fast they are pumping these out!
Mine was so fast start to finish because I ordered it with minimal electronic “gizmos” and add ons. Having had a 3.6 2020 JLUR (lemon buy back) with every option and “gizmo” none of which impressed me, I just left them almost all out.

The more option added to orders the longer it is taking. My dealer was even surprised at how quick mine arrived.

gato

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR
Ordered on May 5th arrived and sitting in my driveway on June 4th!!!!

2021 2.0 JLUR auto:
Jeep Wrangler JL Replacement 2021 JLUR 6006F328-EA34-451C-BA29-18A96FB74507
Smart choice ordering it with the Mopar Heavy Duty Rock Slider with Step. It's a great option that most dealers simply do not know about/order for their inventory Jeeps. I drove 200 miles to buy mine, because I wanted that option :)

Sponsored

SoCal

First Name
MARK
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR, 981 Porsche Cayman S, BMW F32, Lexus is250
Ordered on May 5th arrived and sitting in my driveway on June 4th!!!!

2021 2.0 JLUR auto:
Jeep Wrangler JL Replacement 2021 JLUR 6006F328-EA34-451C-BA29-18A96FB74507

congrats.....what were the issues with the buy back if you don't mind ?

OP
OP

Fsttanks

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Smart choice ordering it with the Mopar Heavy Duty Rock Slider with Step. It's a great option that most dealers simply do not know about/order for their inventory Jeeps. I drove 200 miles to buy mine, because I wanted that option :)
That was a must have option this time around. The standard ones provide very poor protection off road. Plus the HD rails are great in parking lots against car doors opening into ones Jeep. LOL

OP
OP

Fsttanks

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
congrats.....what were the issues with the buy back if you don't mind ?
I have a long thread on this forum about it. The abridged version. Short in Cam Bus “possibly” caused by improperly installed fuses that caused shorts in almost every major electrical system (engine, brakes, steering) and simultaneous failures of these systems while driving at freeway speeds. Failures happened a number of times and were filmed happening by passengers. 50+ days in the shop and inspection by engineers could not determine a cost effective fix. Buy back took 6 months to complete 12/20-06/21. It ended just in time for the new Jeeps arrival.

FCA did not help in any way with the new Jeep either with expediting the order or cost.

Out of seven Jeeps and two other FCA products my 2020 JLUR was the first to ever have any real problems. I chalked it up to a bad luck and took a chance on another JLUR. 🤞🤞

gato

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR
That was a must have option this time around. The standard ones provide very poor protection off road. Plus the HD rails are great in parking lots against car doors opening into ones Jeep. LOL
And runaway shopping carts - it was a must have for me also.

RagTopDeluxe

First Name
Julie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Punk'n Recon
I have a long thread on this forum about it. The abridged version. Short in Cam Bus “possibly” caused by improperly installed fuses that caused shorts in almost every major electrical system (engine, brakes, steering) and simultaneous failures of these systems while driving at freeway speeds. Failures happened a number of times and were filmed happening by passengers. 50+ days in the shop and inspection by engineers could not determine a cost effective fix. Buy back took 6 months to complete 12/20-06/21. It ended just in time for the new Jeeps arrival.

FCA did not help in any way with the new Jeep either with expediting the order or cost.

Out of seven Jeeps and two other FCA products my 2020 JLUR was the first to ever have any real problems. I chalked it up to a bad luck and took a chance on another JLUR. 🤞🤞
My replacement JLUR has been wonderful. I hope you have the same experience.
Sponsored