Round beam.png
Sponsored

Last edited:

Captain Tuttle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Toyota 4Runner Limited, 2023 Jeep Willys
Iā€™m thinking about those too in the same location. Is that the driving beam?

If you have a chance, please post some pictures in the dark. Iā€™m trying to see if there is a dead spot directly in front of the jeep with the driving beam mounted in that location. Thanks.

OP
OP
Gunfighter

Gunfighter

First Name
P.J.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler High Altitude
Occupation
Trying not to get warning points
Vehicle Showcase

If you have a chance, please post some pictures in the dark. Iā€™m trying to see if there is a dead spot directly in front of the jeep with the driving beam mounted in that location. Thanks.
These are the spot pattern which are used as "deer watchers" when driving so they are splayed out a little from center. I liked the cubes (also spot pattern) and they did pretty good being used as a supplement to the high beams with more focus at the edges of the road into the forest. Honestly say they worked a few times spotting deer sooner than if I just had the high beams. One may ask - if they worked "why change", well, part of me wanted even more light and a better aesthetic look (round vs square). Also didn't want a light with a bunch of LED's in them like the Slimlite. The Pro 6 are a nice match to the factory LED headlight and fog light. Did quite a bit of research and here is one of the videos that helped guide me amongst the many that are out there:

KwoodKing

First Name
Caleb
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JL 2021 2 Door
I have the same ones! Theyā€™re driving pattern just like those. Throw a heck of a lot of light. Thinking about getting the amber translucent cover to give them some more functionality. Hereā€™s a pic:
Jeep Wrangler JL Replaced KC cubes with Pro 6 09CB3EB1-8221-4122-91CA-2BE43E7E390C

Pic below is a good side view from when we installed a RK 2.5ā€ mid arm adventure lift which we had to uninstall as it introduced a death wobble šŸ™ƒ
Jeep Wrangler JL Replaced KC cubes with Pro 6 20255A49-2FA4-4F74-9694-EBAFD4548760

Regular height :)

Jeep Wrangler JL Replaced KC cubes with Pro 6 49594D9D-C450-47AA-87E4-364EB2BC2BFA

They have a neat look to the back of them. I will also say wiring is nice and simple, ran included harnesses but cut and soldiered to correct lengths. Itā€™s a two way orange waterproof harness at the light if youā€™re checking for similarity to just change the light and not re-wire.

Sponsored

OP
OP
Gunfighter

Gunfighter

First Name
P.J.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
I have the same ones! Theyā€™re driving pattern just like those. Throw a heck of a lot of light. Thinking about getting the amber translucent cover to give them some more functionality. Hereā€™s a pic:
Jeep Wrangler JL Replaced KC cubes with Pro 6 49594D9D-C450-47AA-87E4-364EB2BC2BFA

Pic below is a good side view from when we installed a RK 2.5ā€ mid arm adventure lift which we had to uninstall as it introduced a death wobble šŸ™ƒ

They have a neat look to the back of them. I will also say wiring is nice and simple, ran included harnesses but cut and soldiered to correct lengths. Itā€™s a two way orange waterproof harness at the light if youā€™re checking for similarity to just change the light and not re-wire.
Right on. The wiring is great. The previous KC cubes wiring worked great in the upgrade being it was already wired into my Aux 3 switch. So just had to uninstall the cubes and install the newer lights. The only thing that was different is the tail of the Pro 6 is not as long so the connection sits outside and not underneath/inside the cowl panel.

KwoodKing

First Name
Caleb
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Right on. The wiring is great. The previous KC cubes wiring worked great in the upgrade being it was already wired into my Aux 3 switch. So just had to uninstall the cubes and install the newer lights. The only thing that was different is the tail of the Pro 6 is not as long so the connection sits outside and not underneath/inside the cowl panel.
Yeah that was annoying but it would make it easy for a quick uninstall if ever needed I guess.

OP
OP
Gunfighter

Gunfighter

First Name
P.J.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
Reactions: JT1

Sydwaiz

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLURD, 73 CJ-5
Now you can add the smiley face covers! I'm running the same plus two more on the bumper.

Sponsored

Golden Power

First Name
Max
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JKU Golden eagle

I have them in the driving beam on my JK mounted at A-pillar. I can get some pics tonight of them but to answer your question I don't get a dead spot right in front when my headlights are turned on. When my headlights are off the way I have aimed them there is a dead spot.

Golden Power

First Name
Max
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JKU Golden eagle

Just some advice on the amber cover as I have it with them. It dramatically reduces light output and I dont ever see myself using it on the A pillar but I live in texas where we never get snow and I bet in the snow they would help. I can get some pictures tonight.

KwoodKing

First Name
Caleb
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Just some advice on the amber cover as I have it with them. It dramatically reduces light output and I dont ever see myself using it on the A pillar but I live in texas where we never get snow and I bet in the snow they would help. I can get some pictures tonight.
Iā€™m glad you mentioned that. I was hoping they would act as ā€œdiffusersā€ so they arenā€™t so blinding if traffic comes head on, as they are aimed directly at an oncoming driver

Golden Power

First Name
Max
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JKU Golden eagle
Iā€™m glad you mentioned that. I was hoping they would act as ā€œdiffusersā€ so they arenā€™t so blinding if traffic comes head on, as they are aimed directly at an oncoming driver
Not sure if diffuser is the best word as they don't alter the pattern at all just make it dimmer. And I'm sure you know but never leave them on if there is any visible oncoming traffic.
Sponsored