Removing 12v and "Media" covers?

NickTinVA

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Rubicon
Hi all! Has anyone tried gracefully removing the flip covers off of the 12v power jack and the Media cover on the center dash? Like many I suspect, I will have things plugged in all the time, and the covers stick out more than the plug-ins. Hoping I can pull these off without damage, but curious if anyone else has tried. Thanks! Nick
Sponsored

smithrd65

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon Unlimited JL. BMW Z4 35is, Tesla Model X90D, Chevy 2500 LTZ
Why would anyone remove the covers that for sure is not a mod kinda silly it's protection.

Greg H

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler Unlimited JL Rubicon
They are there to keep water out if you get caught in the rain with your top off/down. With that said it looks like you would have to break them to get them off.

smithrd65

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon Unlimited JL. BMW Z4 35is, Tesla Model X90D, Chevy 2500 LTZ
I'm not a Jerk for sure but again that is idiotic just the same.
Again your ride your choice.:rain::jk:

Sponsored

nerubi

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLR, 2020 VW Tiguan
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
Not sure why you took the time to respond just to be a jerk - but the answer is, with an audio cable plugged in, the media door sticks out and I hit it when I shift.
That's why autos are so much better.

mrhumble1

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Rubicon, 2-Door, Manual
I was just about to make a post about removing these covers when I found this thread.

Does anyone have anything constructive to say about this??? I want to remove the cap over the 12v socket but there doesn't look like any way to do this.

Any ideas other than breaking it off????

OP
OP
NickTinVA

NickTinVA

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Rubicon
I was just about to make a post about removing these covers when I found this thread.

Does anyone have anything constructive to say about this??? I want to remove the cap over the 12v socket but there doesn't look like any way to do this.

Any ideas other than breaking it off????
There's another thread that was more constructive. The 12v cover is easy. You can knock the pin out with a small diameter punch.

mrhumble1

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Rubicon, 2-Door, Manual
There's another thread that was more constructive. The 12v cover is easy. You can knock the pin out with a small diameter punch.
EXCELLENT!! I thought about trying that but wasn't sure if there was something holding it in and again I didn't want to break it if I didn't have to.

Thanks for the info. I have a small driver that might do the trick or I might try a paper clip.
Sponsored