devinhunt

First Name
Devin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU Sahara Granite
Hey fellow Jeepers,

New Jeep owner since summer. Now has ~10,000k on it. Daily driver. 2020 Sahara 2.0L with cold weather package. First winter. No significant mods (yet) other than rubberized floor mats. Loving the Jeep life now that the minivan is no longer needed!

Remote start seems to work just fine, very reliable - unless outside temp is colder than -20C. Won't start through uConnect app or using key fob in these circumstances. Starting it directly from inside the Jeep is just fine. No warnings on dash.

Has anyone else had issues with remote start not working in colder temperatures? These are the times I don't want to run out to the Jeep to start it and warm it up!

Cheers,

Devin
Sponsored

Lgharr

First Name
Lucas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mojito! JLU Sahara, 2013 Ninja 650r
That’s strange. I just started mine up, weather network says -27 and my thermometer by the house says -25 in calgary today. Not plugged into a block heater. 3.6 auto Sahara here.

OP
OP

devinhunt

First Name
Devin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU Sahara Granite
Hey thanks for the reply. I would assume the 2.0 should work the same. I'll have it looked at the next time it is in for service.

Cheers!

OP
OP

devinhunt

First Name
Devin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU Sahara Granite
Thank for the note. Yes I saw that in the manual. As far as I know, all the criteria were being met. I wonder however, my ESS battery was showing "being charged" around this time. ESS was not working. I wonder if that would affect it? Shows fully charged now and remote start worked at -24C yesterday morning.

D

Sponsored

Stingrey

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep JTR & 2015 RR
Occupation
Civil Eng.
Thank for the note. Yes I saw that in the manual. As far as I know, all the criteria were being met. I wonder however, my ESS battery was showing "being charged" around this time. ESS was not working. I wonder if that would affect it? Shows fully charged now and remote start worked at -24C yesterday morning.

D
If the ESS battery is the primary starter power then that would make perfect sense.
If that battery is running down I would try and get it replaced under warranty, as I have read that some were defective. It may be worth asking the service dept.

OP
OP

devinhunt

First Name
Devin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU Sahara Granite
Thanks for this. Monitoring the situation with the ESS battery. It was showing "Start/Stop not available - battery charging" when I checked on the status for 2-3 days but now seems to be working fine. Personally don't really like or need the feature as most of my driving is in the country.

D
Sponsored