Sponsored

Tires extending fenders (in BC) not allowed??!

gbr

First Name
Gerald
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR

YYCSahara

First Name
BDLL
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sahara 2.0T
My mechanic also told me he has a client who just got ticketed for the tire poke on his new stock 2022 jlur with the XR recon package. Stock!! If it was illegal, how could jeep sell XR recon package in BC?

This is making me sad and mad because it seems like regardless of how you would try to make it legal to drive in metro Vancouver, some government individuals would and could just never give a shit and target us.
It's not illegal. Jeep puts those flares on there to make it legal everywhere, same with that new Raptor bronco, those gaudy flares on them are there to cover those huge 37s that come on them stock. So either the mechanic hasn't got the story right or unfortunately cops have made a mistake, which sucks, and that person now would have to go and get that ticket overturned.

Dyolfknip74

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Rubicon
I am about to lift my jeep jlur 4xe and get 17" wheels and tires.
I really like the look of some tire poke, maybe half an inch or something, but I was informed by my garage mechanic that because of where I live, (Burnaby, in the city), the cops would ticket me, even if I were to have huge mudflags (already installed) or with the factory XR recon fender flare extensions to cover the extra width (which I have already purchased, but uninstall yet).

My mechanic also told me he has a client who just got ticketed for the tire poke on his new stock 2022 jlur with the XR recon package. Stock!! If it was illegal, how could jeep sell XR recon package in BC?

This is making me sad and mad because it seems like regardless of how you would try to make it legal to drive in metro Vancouver, some government individuals would and could just never give a shit and target us.

The bigger problem is, should I just get 0 offset wheel to avoid potential problems or get the -12 offset for my dream built..

I have a Tuscadero, and I have yet seen another one on the road for the past 2 months... It is also my daily driver... Seriously, ever since I own this jeep I have been driving extra cautiously and slowly, because I know everyone would recognize me instantly if I were impolite.. hahaha
You're still going to have about an inch of poke with 0 offset. I run +1 and like it a lot better than the usual -12. In order to have no poke, you need like -44 I think. But then you can't really have a wide tire.

+1 offset is covered perfectly by the XR flares as well.
Jeep Wrangler JL Tires extending fenders (in BC) not allowed??! 20220827_080309
Jeep Wrangler JL Tires extending fenders (in BC) not allowed??! 20220827_080248
Sponsored