Recent U Connect Lawsuits in progress.

LT1

First Name
Fred
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUS
I thought this would be worth posting.. Having GPS centering in U Connect. Appears there are several class action lawsuits in progress. Aftermarket radio is looking better by the moment.

https://www.classaction.org/news/uc...pacifica-300-is-defective-class-action-claims

https://madisonrecord.com/stories/5...ntiff-seeks-records-from-friend-at-dealership

https://topclassactions.com/lawsuit...ys-uconnect-infotainment-system-is-defective/ - With a request for your comments on this website.

http://www.chryslerproblems.com/news/2018/uconnect-nationwide-lawsuit-shot-down/
Sponsored

Last edited:

Dadawada

First Name
Barrett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Rubicon Unlimited, 2020 Honda Goldwing Bagger
Occupation
Network Technology Executive
Vehicle Showcase
Thank you for sharing...

The 8" Infotainment system on my 2018 JLUR started acting up so I took it in to my dealer. I have a Jeep extended warranty so my warranty is for 5 years and 65,000 miles.

The dealer determined the unit needed to be replaced and replaced the unit with a new one. I have subscription services for all the available services on the Jeep. After the radio replacement none of the connected services would operate...not the SOS system, Uconnect...the SiriusXM...nothing.
I took the Jeep back to my dealer and they found a service TSB dating back to August of last year. Apparently there are known issues with the Infotainment system and Uconnect and other connected services. There is no known fix at this time. We actually used those systems and some like the SOS are safety features.

Anyone else having the same issues. I've been back and forth with Jeep and they tell me they don't have a fix and don't know when one will be available. I did a search and now there are multiple class action lawsuits against Jeep and Chrysler for this related issue.

jmccorm

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Systems Engineering
After the radio replacement none of the connected services would operate...
What is it, precisely, that your replacement radio does or does not do?

Some good descriptions are a nice start, but if you could take a few photos to go along with that, it might really help out. It's just difficult to comment on a problem like this when there isn't a lot of meat on the bones to pick from.

Dadawada

First Name
Barrett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
None of the connected services are functional. The SOS and Assistance features are dead, they don't even light up. The Uconnect features are gone. The hotspot no longer functions. The SiriusXM features don't work.

This is a new infotainment unit they installed. I had subscription services for all these features. They no longer function and there is no word from Jeep when or if they will be fixed.

I'm not the only one affected. It is a widespread issue and is across the Chrysler FCA company.

Sponsored

Dadawada

First Name
Barrett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase

jmccorm

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Systems Engineering
None of the connected services are functional. The SOS and Assistance features are dead, they don't even light up. The Uconnect features are gone. The hotspot no longer functions. The SiriusXM features don't work.

This is a new infotainment unit they installed. I had subscription services for all these features. They no longer function and there is no word from Jeep when or if they will be fixed.

I'm not the only one affected. It is a widespread issue and is across the Chrysler FCA company.
Got it. You've replaced the radio and inadvertently triggered a strange failure with connected services. Your case appears to be well-documented, and you've got an issue that's shared with other Jeep owners.

OP is looking to see if anyone else here has a similar radio issue. Is that you?
Failure of all uConnect / SirusXM Guardian services after replacing the [8.4"] uConnect Radio.

All connected apps experiencing one of the following three issues:
1. Icon no longer present
2. Icon present but is greyed out (non-functional)
3. Icon present and will load, but application does not function properly

...sorry to hear you're running into an issue like this, and with no relief in sight. My best hope for everyone is that Jeep quickly resolves the issue. It's surprising to hear that this type of issue (in particular) has run for so long without a resolution.

PS:
I made the assumption that you're SirusXM guardian services aren't working. Are you able to use your smartphone app to lock/unlock doors?

Dadawada

First Name
Barrett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
PS: I made the assumption that you're SirusXM guardian services aren't working. Are you able to use your smartphone app to lock/unlock doors?

That is correct, none of these services are functional now. More importantly, my wife drives this vehicle right now back and forth to the mountains of North Carolina taking care of her ill mother. There are areas where we have no Verizon service but the SOS was still operational and we could make calls and connect via the AT&T hotspot in the vehicle. None of these are operational even though I've continued paying for the services. So if she breaks down in a certain 25 mile stretch she has no way of calling for help.

I leased this vehicle and the lease is up in June. Prior to this, I checked the value of my vehicle with Carmax and Carvana and was offered over $10,000 more than payoff. I had planned to either trade the Jeep or simply use the $10k towards a new one. With these features being non-functional it is greatly impacting the the value of the Jeep at this time.

Very frustrating...

RAMSTEEL

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 392 XR
Occupation
Army (Ret), Fed Guy
Someone posted a similar issue and resolution. I know I added the upgraded setup from 7 to 8.4" uConnect and I cannot get those services as they are not added from the factory. It's the dumbest thing I've ever heard that you can't add a VIN and associated radio ID information to a database and SiriusXM gets to make money...

Going off memory, for you, the first step is getting the dealership or Jeep Cares to get AT&T to provision the cell card in your radio. Some link is sent to you, all the appropriate information is plugged in, and off you go. Next, is the dealership associates that new radio ID to your VIN (this is a critical step), and a ticket goes to the SiriusXM Guardian group. Then you call and restart or start your services. That's the short version from memory.

Dadawada

First Name
Barrett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
Thanks...just saw your reply.

The dealer ordered another new radio thinking that would fix the issue. Waiting for them to call back that the new radio is in.

Sponsored

Joe jl

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Sahara jl
Thank you for sharing...

The 8" Infotainment system on my 2018 JLUR started acting up so I took it in to my dealer. I have a Jeep extended warranty so my warranty is for 5 years and 65,000 miles.

The dealer determined the unit needed to be replaced and replaced the unit with a new one. I have subscription services for all the available services on the Jeep. After the radio replacement none of the connected services would operate...not the SOS system, Uconnect...the SiriusXM...nothing.
I took the Jeep back to my dealer and they found a service TSB dating back to August of last year. Apparently there are known issues with the Infotainment system and Uconnect and other connected services. There is no known fix at this time. We actually used those systems and some like the SOS are safety features.

Anyone else having the same issues. I've been back and forth with Jeep and they tell me they don't have a fix and don't know when one will be available. I did a search and now there are multiple class action lawsuits against Jeep and Chrysler for this related issue.
Had mine replaced (again) in December and my SiriusXM and Uconnect Guardaiin services stoped working. Apparently they reman the units and since mine came out of and is registered to a 2020 wrangler there is nothing they can do because of the security features 🙄

jwms

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler
I'd sue them because I bought a vehicle that has a cellular connection back to homebase and you cannot disable the communication.
Sponsored