Recent soft top window changes

J_Winslow

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Rubicon Xtreme Recon
I’m curious OP if the rear is any different too? That’s the window I always fight with every time I’m putting them back on. I’d say probably 1 in 5 attempts of me putting it back on goes smoothly. The other 4/5ths of the time it takes me probably 5 to 10 minutes of getting the angle right lmao I feel like an idiot every time.

The sides are often a struggle too, don’t get me wrong, but the rear gives me heartburn damn near every time lol
I found taking the bottom bar out of the rear makes it SO MUCH easier and putting the rear bar back in is simple
Sponsored

OP
OP
angrynewyorker

angrynewyorker

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gobi 22 JLUR XR
I’m curious OP if the rear is any different too? That’s the window I always fight with every time I’m putting them back on. I’d say probably 1 in 5 attempts of me putting it back on goes smoothly. The other 4/5ths of the time it takes me probably 5 to 10 minutes of getting the angle right lmao I feel like an idiot every time.

The sides are often a struggle too, don’t get me wrong, but the rear gives me heartburn damn near every time lol
The rear one is still the same as the old style, they only updated the side windows.

Antonio

First Name
Antonio
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLU Rubicon diesel
Mine had a manufacturing date of January 2022 but didn’t see any difference to previously owned softtop, are these changes from May on??

OP
OP
angrynewyorker

angrynewyorker

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gobi 22 JLUR XR
Mine had a manufacturing date of January 2022 but didn’t see any difference to previously owned softtop, are these changes from May on??
My first 2022 was delivered on Jan 31st and had the old style, my 2nd one was delivered on May 31st and had the updated ones.

Sponsored

Signing Spock

First Name
Kenny
Threads
Reaction score
Mons, Belgium (originally, Sn Antonio, TX)
Vehicle(s)
22 JLU Sport; 22 JLU Willys Sport
Occupation
USAF
Thanks for the response, OP.

It’s not a terrible way to do it, but is it better than the old zipper way? Idk sometimes hahaha

OP
OP
angrynewyorker

angrynewyorker

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gobi 22 JLUR XR
Thanks for the response, OP.

It’s not a terrible way to do it, but is it better than the old zipper way? Idk sometimes hahaha

The zipper way on the JK was an extreme pain at times. I think that design was more rugged and would last longer without something failing. I had a 2 door with a soft top and within just a couple thousand miles the window on the passenger side kept pulling off the slide because the tube had a gap in it and the window would fall out while driving. Jeep replaced the window, but it was gonna keep happening because the tension was so tight with the window in and it was gonna wind up pulling out of the tube again. The zipper design was more robust.

AllMoparParts.com

First Name
Benny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL
Any chance you've heard back on these? I think they would be serious game-changers in this community to be honest. All I see online is the old part number "Mopar 68430118AA" available. I would love to not see my quarter-windows sag and fatigue the window groove anymore.

Thanks for asking earlier too. Much appreciated.
Sorry John I have not. I checked our 2022+ data again in the same section where the older version is shown and its not there, I even searched "insert" through the entire catalog as that is what they are identified as and still nothing.

-Benny

RichD

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Sport S
My issue is I almost always put them in at dusk after I see rain is forecasted. The super black top against the still light sky makes the mating parts very difficult to see.
I painted the tips yellow just for this reason (sorry no pic). Helps a bit.

Sponsored

jaardappel

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 2-Door Rubicon
Occupation
Retired Nomad, dog-father, Jeep enthusiast
Sorry John I have not. I checked our 2022+ data again in the same section where the older version is shown and its not there, I even searched "insert" through the entire catalog as that is what they are identified as and still nothing.

-Benny
I appreciate you checking. Thanks again!

jaardappel

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 2-Door Rubicon
Occupation

-Benny
Any new-news on a possible replacement part search for the Mopar 68430118AA Insert replacement part?

Figured I'd hit you up again on this since it'll be pretty popular once it's found.

OrneryBear

First Name
Charles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Sarge JLUR 6spd
Any new-news on a possible replacement part search for the Mopar 68430118AA Insert replacement part?

Figured I'd hit you up again on this since it'll be pretty popular once it's found.
If people can't get them from mopar or bestop, I could pop them off my 2023 and reverse engineer them and make them if there is enough interest.

jaardappel

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 2-Door Rubicon
Occupation
If people can't get them from mopar or bestop, I could pop them off my 2023 and reverse engineer them and make them if there is enough interest.
I would definitely be interested in this. For. Sure.

And I'm positive that they will be in demand. If it's true that they help secure the window better than the bullet-style (which is pretty much exactly what I've read from everyone else), it'll definitely be a good thing.

OrneryBear

First Name
Charles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Sarge JLUR 6spd
I would definitely be interested in this. For. Sure.

And I'm positive that they will be in demand. If it's true that they help secure the window better than the bullet-style (which is pretty much exactly what I've read from everyone else), it'll definitely be a good thing.
Cool, I'll take a look at the ones on our 23
Sponsored