Rear window fluid dripping

BSearle

First Name
Brent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 UNLIMITED sport
Anybody finding that their rear window fluid is dripping? I just washed and scrubbed the Jeep. I took a small drive and after parking it for a bit I find that there is dried windshield wiper fluid all over the back window.
I’ve seen these markings on a few other JLs around town. It doesn’t seem to be on any of the JKs.
Sponsored

Notty

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubicon; 2018 Ford Raptor; 2018 Honda Civic Type R
Yup!! I have the same problem and it irritates the sh*t out of me. Will be discussing with the dealer on my next visit.

McAutryx

First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler Unlimited Sport S, 2015 Grand Cherokee Overland
Occupation
Project Manager
Same here, super annoying, but not sure there's anything they can do about it.

Notty

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I disagree with that 100%. For a $40-$50k vehicle fresh from the factory this is unacceptable.....minor, but unacceptable. With all the technological advances in the JL I find it hard to believe they won't be able to solve a leaking washer nozzle . Off to the dealer I go for the first of many trips I'm sure I'll be taking during this relationship hahaha.

Sponsored

OP
OP

BSearle

First Name
Brent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 UNLIMITED sport
I disagree with that 100%. For a $40-$50k vehicle fresh from the factory this is unacceptable.....minor, but unacceptable. With all the technological advances in the JL I find it hard to believe they won't be able to solve a leaking washer nozzle . Off to the dealer I go for the first of many trips I'm sure I'll be taking during this relationship hahaha.
Let me know what they do for you. I plan to have them fix this quickly because nothing ruins the spot free look like dribble stains down the back window.

will1111

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUS
I know this would be a DIY fix but isn't there a way to install and anti drip valve from an irrigation system on the fluid line? I have one in my chameleon set up and works like a charm.

MikeinMD

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1968 Mustang Convertible, 2003 Z71 Suburban, 2018 JLU Sahara
Anybody finding that their rear window fluid is dripping? I just washed and scrubbed the Jeep. I took a small drive and after parking it for a bit I find that there is dried windshield wiper fluid all over the back window.
I’ve seen these markings on a few other JLs around town. It doesn’t seem to be on any of the JKs.
Same here.

bodam

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler
Same ugly drip here

Sean L

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU, 2017 Honda Accord, 2014 Yamaha XVS 1300
Occupation
Retired Marine, Construction Estimator
Vehicle Showcase
A simple fix would be to have a better washer fluid than the factory/dealer fill cheapo stuff. Once I'm low on that fill I'm going to go for a better fluid. I don't think theres going to be any workaround with how the spray nozzle drips after you spray washer fluid, no matter how much you paid for your Jeep.

Sponsored

Notty

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
A simple fix would be to have a better washer fluid than the factory/dealer fill cheapo stuff. Once I'm low on that fill I'm going to go for a better fluid. I don't think theres going to be any workaround with how the spray nozzle drips after you spray washer fluid, no matter how much you paid for your Jeep.
Unfortunately, this issue isn't present after spraying washer fluid to clean the window. It is present at all times. The nozzle just constantly leaks washer fluid down the rear window. I would be somewhat understanding of a few small drips of residual fluid after spraying the nozzle, that makes total sense. But to have it constantly dripping all the time should not be normal.

1quick1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUS
Vehicle Showcase
Mine drips on the outside and also has a small unrelated leak directly down the middle of the window when it rains. A few drops at a time. So my back window never seems to be clean.

Sean L

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
Unfortunately, this issue isn't present after spraying washer fluid to clean the window. It is present at all times. The nozzle just constantly leaks washer fluid down the rear window. I would be somewhat understanding of a few small drips of residual fluid after spraying the nozzle, that makes total sense. But to have it constantly dripping all the time should not be normal.
Ah, now I see. I've noticed the drip after spraying but it doesn't continue on mine. It should be a minor fix then.

BillyHW

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
-
Do they make full synthetic washer fluid? Or maybe a high mileage washer fluid with additives that will rejuvenate those seals?

Sean L

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
Do they make full synthetic washer fluid? Or maybe a high mileage washer fluid with additives that will rejuvenate those seals?
I'm not sure if this is a serious question or not.
Sponsored