Reaction score
Website
www.ballardphotos.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Unlimited Rubicon; 2008 Liberty
Occupation
Fire Protection / Mechanical Engineer
Vehicle Showcase
Had this happen the other day. It was interesting until I realized I couldn't use the screen for anything else. Has anyone else been able to do this? I'll have to see if I can make it do it again. Video Clip
Sponsored

Rhinebeck01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JL Rubi, '22 Prevost M H3-45,'01 Harley FatBoy
Had this happen the other day. It was interesting until I realized I couldn't use the screen for anything else. Has anyone else been able to do this? I'll have to see if I can make it do it again. Video Clip
@cool_it

The rear cam icon resides with the other icons in your UConnect icon array.

You can set-up an individual icon at the bottom of your radio screen, itself (UConnect)....... so all you have to do is push the icon and the rear camera will come on while in forward motion. There a time limit though, on how long it stays on when you push the icon. Goes off at about 15 sec.

Most guy/gals, do not do the icon on the bottom of radio screen, for rear cam, as the icon takes up valuable screen real estate at the bottom of the screen that you'd want to use for phone, GPS, etc..

Tazer JL ...... A 'live feature" of the Tazer JL is Rear Camera in Motion. Allows you to be driving forward with Rear Camera on and with no time limit.

So, unlike the JL, default of 15 seconds and then off, the rear cam stays on for as long as you desire. With Rear Camera in Motion, enable, all you do is push the radio "Mute" button, anytime you want to turn of rear camera. Push rear button again, and rear camera goes off. This live feature is great if you tow with your JL.

OP
OP
cool_it

cool_it

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.ballardphotos.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Unlimited Rubicon; 2008 Liberty
Occupation
Fire Protection / Mechanical Engineer
Vehicle Showcase
Thanks I'll have to look for the icon. It this case I believe it was a glitch, I drove a few miles like this then realized I couldn't get rid of it or access anything else on the screen. Cycling the ignition off/on fixed it.

Rhinebeck01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JL Rubi, '22 Prevost M H3-45,'01 Harley FatBoy
Thanks I'll have to look for the icon. It this case I believe it was a glitch, I drove a few miles like this then realized I couldn't get rid of it or access anything else on the screen. Cycling the ignition off/on fixed it.
@cool_it

Hiccups like that can occur with Uconnect. Uconnect glitches will usually quit after a few JL stop stat cycles.... unless there is a hardware issue.

In regard to your rear camera, "glitch".. It may have been caused by your actions...

IF you get into your JL, start it up and without waiting say 10 seconds for UConnect to boot up and then you throw the JL into reverse, UConnect may.. is know to sometimes, to glitch and say leave cam on like you saw, no lines on back-up camera, and other UConnect symptoms... to include Off Road Pages awol until you do a few stop starts, etc..

IF, you ever get a UConnect glitch and do not want to wait for the glitch to end.... you are in a hurry for it to go away, then.............. while engine is running, pull fuse #97 in the PDC for 10 seconds and then push it back in.. This causes a reboot of UConnect and more often then not, glitch is gone.
Sponsored