RainGear cover ??

TBONE1997

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon
Hey guys: Just received my RainGear cover and had a quick question about storage. I'm sure I'm like most and bought this cover for days that I'm naked and look out at work and see dark clouds coming in. My question is, the only reason to have a cover is because I'm top/doorless. Where do you store it from being stolen? It's about the size of a small sleeping bag. Just courious. Thanks.
Sponsored

EJH220

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 Rubicon Recon / 20 Aviator / 22 Bronco Sport
I have a tonneau cover on the back. I leave it under that. Not secure, but that's all I've done. My tonneau is stretching in the heat right now and coming undone, so I may have to build something like I did on my JK for something more secure.

OP
OP

TBONE1997

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
:rock:
I have a tonneau cover on the back. I leave it under that. Not secure, but that's all I've done. My tonneau is stretching in the heat right now and coming undone, so I may have to build something like I did on my JK for something more secure.
Thank you. I was looking at those covers too. I have seen one by GPCA and one by Rampage, but not sure what to do. Maybe I'll just hook it down to the freedom panel hooks on the floor, it won't keep it from being stolen, but they would have to spend more time and look funny in the parking lot at a store :):bandit:

Suffolklou

First Name
Lou
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
Mine lays in the back. If it gets stolen... It could be stolen when it is on the jeep.

Sponsored

aprez27

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Wrangler Rubicon
Vehicle Showcase
Be careful when removing that thing if you have water pooled up on it. I had one on my old TJ, and first time mistakenly removed the front straps first. Waterfall into the dash/radio. Lesson learned.

melendez69

First Name
Marc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 3.6 JLR / 2013 911 / 2013 E92 M3
Occupation
...huh?
Vehicle Showcase
I keep the panels/roof off during the entire summer months, so I lay a couple of 4-ft wood planks across the top & then toss the cover on. No pools or puddles up top.

RG recommends a stick or whatever inside under the cover, but I'd be concerned about it tearing through the cover after prolonged use in the same spot.

OP
OP

TBONE1997

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I keep the panels/roof off during the entire summer months, so I lay a couple of 4-ft wood planks across the top & then toss the cover on. No pools or puddles up top.

RG recommends a stick or whatever inside under the cover, but I'd be concerned about it tearing through the cover after prolonged use in the same spot.
Man, that is some great advice. I was just thinking about the puddling factor this morning. We have been getting these downpours that last about 15mins each day. Really annoying. Thanks again!!

melendez69

First Name
Marc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 3.6 JLR / 2013 911 / 2013 E92 M3
Occupation
...huh?
Vehicle Showcase
Man, that is some great advice. I was just thinking about the puddling factor this morning. We have been getting these downpours that last about 15mins each day. Really annoying. Thanks again!!
hat_tip.gif
Sponsored