Sponsored

Rampage duster cover/tonneau cover.... what tailgait bar?

geem03

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler Sport
Occupation
RN/ Firefighter
Vehicle Showcase
Other than the expensive factory OEM tailgate bar, what other brands will the rampage product fit with?

I've been racking my head for weeks now!:angry:

Can't seem to find a straight answer online....:(
Sponsored

werewolf4805

First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
This question has been asked a thousand times already and no one wants to be a guinea pig to try and test the smittybuilt or bestop bar to see if they work unfortunately. I’m in the same boat as you, but I’m not sure if we will ever get an answer unless it’s from Rampage.

OP
OP
geem03

geem03

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler Sport
Occupation
RN/ Firefighter
Vehicle Showcase
This question has been asked a thousand times already and no one wants to be a guinea pig to try and test the smittybuilt or bestop bar to see if they work unfortunately. I’m in the same boat as you, but I’m not sure if we will ever get an answer unless it’s from Rampage.
I spoke with a representative at bestop and asked if the tailgait bar would fit the factory OEM top and he said yes.... so If the rampage fits the OEM as they say, I have to deduce that it will fit with the bestop....I am waiting for replies from a couple of places...I will keep you updated...

OP
OP
geem03

geem03

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler Sport
Occupation
RN/ Firefighter
Vehicle Showcase
Hey @geem03
As much as I don't want to bear any bad news, I don't want you going misinformed. Unlike previous Wrangler models, our JL tailgate bar is not compatible with OEM tops.

Lee

- the Bestop team
www.bestop.com
Thank you...I appreciate the info and clarification.... but i did speak to someone this afternoon at bestop (called the 1 800 number) and was told that it did fit with the JL....

So confused!!!!

I guess I'll keep looking around.. thank you

BTW... is it that it won't slide onto the channel?

What is the measurement of the C channel? I can measure the bead size on my tonneau cover to see the difference....

Last edited:

Bestop

Peak Sponsor (Level 2)
First Name
The Bestop Team
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 JKU
Yes @geem03 it's confusing but if you look at the description in the product page here you can see in the description that we clarify that it is not compatible with the OEM top. I forget the actual point of interference. Sorry for the confusion and I hope you get your issue figured out!

Lee
- the Bestop team
www.bestop.com
Sponsored