Sponsored

Quick Poll - Why You Choose Not To Wave?

Why Do You Not Wave (Jeep Wave) To Other Jeeps While Driving ??

• Total voters

MrSahara19

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler JL Sahara Unlimited, 2017 Toyota Highlander
Just curious about this - As I counted approx. 23 Jeeps on the way home from work yesterday, all of which waved but 1 - So im curious why do you choose not to wave??? And I swear NC is Jeep country I cant believe how many jeeps there are running around here!
Sponsored

Arterius2

First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sahara 2.0L
Just curious about this - As I counted approx. 23 Jeeps on the way home from work yesterday, all of which waved but 1 - So im curious why do you choose not to wave??? And I swear NC is Jeep country I cant believe how many jeeps there are running around here!
I’ve gotten flak for saying this before but it still stands true.
I generally don’t initiate a wave in certain areas where it’s not a known culture to wave, where the people buy Jeeps for looks & Starbucks and plays with their cellphones when driving. But I’d still wave back if the person waves first, I’d be surprised but I’d wave back!

OP
OP
MrSahara19

MrSahara19

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I generally wave and most guys wave back. Women are probably less than 20% going to wave back.
I find everyone waves no real separation however I will say the few who don't are the young ones who I question even know to wave honestly -

Carlton

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeeps lots of jeeps
I tend to wave, and will always wave back at least. Sometimes I don't notice until it is too late or not at all. I've had passengers that informed me that I missed some. It is natural. Focus on the road, if you notice and it is safe to do so, go for it.

Sponsored

RedRockRubicon

First Name
Kris
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.redrockrubicon.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 Firecracker Red JLUR named Lucy, 2018 Bright White JLUR named Dru, 2020 Hella Yella JLUR named Stuart, 2000 TJ Bright Silver Metallic name Gru. 2020 Gladiator name Kassandra
Occupation
Jeep Tours/rentals
Where I live, it seems like a third of the vehicles on the roads are jeeps. It just gets overwhelming. I still do wave to any jeep I can tell the owner loves.

Punkindave

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR 2.0 Turbo Bluebicon, 2020 JLUR 2.0 Turbo (Wife's)
Occupation
ITS Project Manager
I try to wave when I know they can see me (local roads, not interstates)
To be honest, I'm driving, not concentrating on what vehicles are in oncoming lanes (unless they are a threat) It also becomes kinda silly when the roads are full of them and I succumb to "waverlepsy" (used to get this on nice days on the Motorcycle)

OP
OP
MrSahara19

MrSahara19

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I try to wave when I know they can see me (local roads, not interstates)
To be honest, I'm driving, not concentrating on what vehicles are in oncoming lanes (unless they are a threat) It also becomes kinda silly when the roads are full of them and I succumb to "waverlepsy" (used to get this on nice days on the Motorcycle)
Used to have an 07 Ninja and that was a cool two finger wave on the side of the bike - always thought it was alittle funny though coming from a Jap bike and waving to say a Harley! lol ...

macintux

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 LJR, 2022 JLR
Where I live, it seems like a third of the vehicles on the roads are jeeps. It just gets overwhelming. I still do wave to any jeep I can tell the owner loves.
Driving through the Outer Banks it seemed my arm was up the whole way, especially since I wave to pretty much all Jeeps, not just Wranglers.

Sponsored

higbyz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 sahara mojito 2.0 - 2020 Sahara Bikini 2.0
I’ve gotten flak for saying this before but it still stands true.
I generally don’t initiate a wave in certain areas where it’s not a known culture to wave, where the people buy Jeeps for looks & Starbucks and plays with their cellphones when driving. But I’d still wave back if the person waves first, I’d be surprised but I’d wave back!
Jeeps are cool lookin vehicles. If they were ugly ,I wouldnt own one. Just sayin.

higbyz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 sahara mojito 2.0 - 2020 Sahara Bikini 2.0
Used to have an 07 Ninja and that was a cool two finger wave on the side of the bike - always thought it was alittle funny though coming from a Jap bike and waving to say a Harley! lol ...
Shit, when Im on my Harley,I wave to kids on bicycles.:like:

eck

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU MOAB HellaYella
I try to always wave except for two cases:

- 4-lane+ divided highways, I'm usually busy trying to keep track of the two lanes around me.

- You have your windows tinted so dark that I can't tell if there's even a human inside or if it's some sort of self-driving Jeep prototype. You have made the conscious choice not to interact with people.

NewJLU2019

First Name
Curtis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon Unlimited 2019 Sahara Unlimited
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
Since I was a Newbie and figured out why other Jeeps drivers waved at me I always wave now. Some wave back if they see my wave and I wave back when I see their wave. Women drivers and there are a few in Dallas area never wave. Its a Jeep thing and we should all wave to each other but thats just my thought.

ads75

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 2Door JL Rubicon in Mojito, 2022 Rivian R1T
At this moment 68.8% of respondents report driving while distracted / spaced out. That's scary to me. Put the phone down or pull over if you need to catch that pikachu. Crazy people...
Maybe they just aren't paying attention to the specific vehicles in the opposite lane. I don't always pay attention to it. Like it or not, Jeeps are pretty common, sometimes I'm more focused on what is in my traffic lane, directly in front of me, or around the bend, through a turn, than the other side of the road.
Sponsored