Question about Rubicon spring height & spring part numbers

Muddog

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Saturn Ion
Where do I find the “60/61” or the “90/91” on coil stickers?
Sponsored

hoag4147

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLUR XR
Vehicle Showcase
Where do I find the “60/61” or the “90/91” that many speak of on coil stickers?
It doesn’t appear you have 60/61 or 90/91 springs. The numbers in your pics would have those numbers appearing. Not sure those are even Rubi springs. No one has reported those part numbers to reference from what I can find 🤷‍♂️

hoag4147

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLUR XR
Vehicle Showcase

Muddog

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Saturn Ion
@Muddog actually, here’s a thread selling them that states they are from a Willys Diesel

https://www.jlwranglerforums.com/fo...le-track-bar-box-with-hardware-150-obo.64685/
Thanks Hoag. Appreciate you digging and looking into this. This forum and the Jeep community are the best.

I also confirmed from the seller that they are from a diesel rubicon. So these coils should give me a better lift than most rubicon lifts I suppose since they’re from a diesel. But probably give me a tougher ride too.

What do ya think?

Sponsored

hoag4147

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLUR XR
Vehicle Showcase
Thanks Hoag. Appreciate you digging and looking into this. This forum and the Jeep community are the best.

I also confirmed from the seller that they are from a diesel rubicon. So these coils should give me a better lift than most rubicon lifts I suppose since they’re from a diesel. But probably give me a tougher ride too.

What do ya think?
No problem bud. I kinda enjoy researching lol. Definitely will be one of the tallest springs and most likely a little firm. Could possibly be a little more lift front also with weight difference.

edit - I believe someone did this swap recently. Diesel swap to Sport.

RADRick

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUS
Occupation
Retired technical writer
Sorry to resurrect an old thread, but I am needing some information. I got a set of Rubi springs and shocks and am not able to figure out what they came off of. According to the matrix posted earlier they appear to be from a Rubi Unlimited with hardtop, metal bumpers and tow package, but the numbers are the same for front and rear indicating they may be from a diesel and have no left and right. Can anyone confirm this for me?

Jeep Wrangler JL Question about Rubicon spring height & spring part numbers Springs-1

Jeep Wrangler JL Question about Rubicon spring height & spring part numbers Springs-2

RADRick

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUS
Occupation
Retired technical writer
Sorry to be a pest, but I want to get these springs installed. Everything I have seen about these Rubicon takeoffs says they should be left and right. I have concerns that these may be diesel springs as I have seen posted that those are not L and R, but same numbers for both sides. I'm worried that although I will probably get more lift out of them, they may be too harsh of a ride for my V6 Sahara. I just want someone to confirm what I have here, if possible. Any input greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Last edited:

The Fixer

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mojito! JLS, 2018 Firecracker JLUSS
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Teacher
Personally, I don't think they'll be too harsh, especially on a 4-door. The extra wheelbase soaks up bumps a little better than the 2-door, and I'm running similar springs. I don't find the ride quality to be terrible on my little Jeep.

RADRick

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUS
Occupation
Retired technical writer
Never got a definitive answer on my springs, but went ahead and put them in today. Just the fronts gave me almost a 2" lift over stock. Might not even bother with the rears as I like the level look.

Front before.jpg

Front after.jpg

Side view after.jpg
Sponsored