First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 Patriotic Blue LJ, 2023 JLURXR Sarge Green
Occupation
Vocational Rehabilitation
Hello! My wife and I are looking at buying a membership to Take 5, which is a car washing chain. It's automatic car wash. I wasn't sure what real world impact some of the cleaning agents can cause to the canvas top. It says "ArmorAll Ceramic Shield used!" It also puts on a rain repellent, form wash x2, shampoo wash, and tri-foam conditioner. Does anyone use something like this on the top? Would it hurt thr canvas? Thanks for your reply.
Sponsored

Opus

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.jlwranglerforums.com
Vehicle(s)
2023 Sport S, 2021 Compass
Build Thread
Link
There shouldn't be a problem with the cleaning products they use but you can always check with them to see what they advise with a soft-top. Personally, I would recommend doing the touch-less wash only. No rotating brushes. I have heard they can scratch up the rear windows on a soft-top.

Bulletbill

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR
I have a friend who is a professional detailer. His advice to me was to stay away from automatic carwashes because of the harsh chemicals and that if I did have to use them to just go through the basic touchless wash and avoid any extra treatments as the surface protectants could damage my top.

So I have only hand washed my jeep and occasionally used the drive in carwash bays to rinse off salt in the wintertime using just the pressure washer on rinse.

Of course you could just ask the experts @Bestop who could probably offer way more insight into this topic than any of us.

Sponsored

Pinky Tuscadero

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Pink RHD Wrangler 2015 RHD Wrangler
My issue is dents on the hood on my last JK from a carwash blower
Get a pressure washer and bucket with rags and have fun with your toy, let it get a bit dirty as it seems so much cleaner when you do get around to cleaning it !
Its like your birthday - If you had a birthday every day the cake wouldn't seem nearly as sweet nor the relatives nearly as annoying and repetitive 🍻

GrayHawk20

First Name
Cory
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
*See Signature for Info*
Occupation
(Architectural) Jr. Project Coordinator
Vehicle Showcase

Adamoni

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Rubicon Recon (2.0T w/ eTorque)
Hello! My wife and I are looking at buying a membership to Take 5, which is a car washing chain. It's automatic car wash. I wasn't sure what real world impact some of the cleaning agents can cause to the canvas top. It says "ArmorAll Ceramic Shield used!" It also puts on a rain repellent, form wash x2, shampoo wash, and tri-foam conditioner. Does anyone use something like this on the top? Would it hurt thr canvas? Thanks for your reply.
Did you get any water leaking in or other issues? TIA
Sponsored