Quadratec Brute Strength Side Steps Review

Bruceter

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU Wrangler Rubicon,
As many of you reading this I have also spent endless hours reading all the posts on the different side steps and rock sliders. A couple of conclusions I came to was if one is going hard core wheeling then the frame mount would probably be the choice. The other being why would anybody go with a combination frame and body (pinch seam) mounting. The engineers put those rubber cab mounts in for a reason and why anybody would try and tie the frame and body without any flexing is beyond me.
On my previous JL Rubicon Recon it came stock with the Mopar Performance sliders which I did like the function and looks of them. They were just wide enough to protect the sides of the Jeep as well as the rear door hinges and fronts of the rear fenders.The new Rubicon had the standard sliders which all of these are body pinch seam mounted.
The Jeep for us is a transition vehicle from years of atving but we still like to get off the beaten path. So it will pulled behind the motorhome as a run around vehicle and scenic off roading. So I saw no need for our use to stick with a true frame mounted sliders.
I had looked at the Mopar Performance Rock rails and here in Canada they were close to $1600! Ouch! So looked for another alternative that was close to the same width as the Mopar rails and ended up with the Quadratec Brute Strength side steps. These came in at almost haft the cost of the Mopar sliders. I purchased from Just Jeeps here in Canada. Delivery was about three weeks time.
They came very well packaged and interesting enough they actually made in Russia! Having a good look over of them I was quite impressed with them, thereā€™s absolutely no shipping damage and finished with nice clean welds and powder coat finish
I had previously removed the stock Rubicon sliders and sprayed the pinch seam with black truck bed coating.
I installed the new Quadratec side steps in about an hours time, again very impressed with the fit to the Jeep, there was nothing to alter or reaming out holes to get them to fit. If one has short fat fingers you may have a bit of a job getting the nuts started on the pinch seam brackets. They also fit up nicely against the previously installed Weathertec front mud guards. Over Iā€™d give these steps a 9/10 for my use. The only reason I didnā€™t give them a 10 is they are straight and the Jeep tub has a bit of a curve to it so the gap to the body is slightly larger at the back compared to the gap at the front.
Hopefully this review will help some folks out.
Jeep Wrangler JL Quadratec Brute Strength Side Steps Review 9A24D060-81AE-4BC6-88C5-718C4077CEF2
Jeep Wrangler JL Quadratec Brute Strength Side Steps Review 6BACB136-E98C-4D54-8722-EA8E12F1E577
Jeep Wrangler JL Quadratec Brute Strength Side Steps Review BBF862B1-AFA1-49B9-9C46-56A6C91AE141
Jeep Wrangler JL Quadratec Brute Strength Side Steps Review 754716AF-5047-43CF-9677-B69944BFCCFD
Jeep Wrangler JL Quadratec Brute Strength Side Steps Review 5EBF8A3A-6F1B-45B1-AC8D-578352ED0F77
Jeep Wrangler JL Quadratec Brute Strength Side Steps Review 05646833-2B9D-420B-8AE1-D796A9900A19

D35D8591-130C-4CF6-8287-D647C284F5E5.jpeg
Sponsored

CamperShamu

First Name
Shamu
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLUR(ordered), Tesla 3, BMW m240i
Thanks for the review. I have been looking at these and the performance rails myself and just ordered the performance rails. 1600 is a lot for those though. I Found a decent deal on them. But these looked good for their price. The only thing that bothered me was the big quadratec logo šŸ˜‚

jim00

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU
Thanks for the review. I have been looking at these and the performance rails myself and just ordered the performance rails. 1600 is a lot for those though. I Found a decent deal on them. But these looked good for their price. The only thing that bothered me was the big quadratec logo šŸ˜‚
I like the product and hated the logos as well, mostly because the bright white just stood out against the Jeep and that is what your eye went to. So I removed the logos. There were two holes under the logos for some reason so I just went to the hardware store and got two bolts that looked the same and installed them. The small indent is there but with the bolts, it actually looks like it is on purpose, perhaps as a light mount location, hehe.

IMG_6793 (1).jpg
Sponsored