Pulled fuse and UConnect misbehaving

N8213

First Name
Nathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLUR 4XE, 20 C8, 20 Indian, 55 Studebaker truck
2020 Wrangler with 8.4 screen. Noticed while driving that wireless hotspot was not working. It gave an “incorrect password” error. At our next stop, with Jeep off, pulled fuse F97 to reset the head unit. When restarted Jeep, noticed a number of things different. Screen setup was different, backup camera is not functioning, Sirius XM is not there even though we have a subscription, climate control only lists Hi and Low, no in between. Also, the WiFi still doesn’t work. It shows that devices are connected, but it doesn’t actually function. Any suggestions?
Sponsored

Arterius2

First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sahara 2.0L
2020 Wrangler with 8.4 screen. Noticed while driving that wireless hotspot was not working. It gave an “incorrect password” error. At our next stop, with Jeep off, pulled fuse F97 to reset the head unit. When restarted Jeep, noticed a number of things different. Screen setup was different, backup camera is not functioning, Sirius XM is not there even though we have a subscription, climate control only lists Hi and Low, no in between. Also, the WiFi still doesn’t work. It shows that devices are connected, but it doesn’t actually function. Any suggestions?
Pull again and (maybe add F11 to it as well) wait longer this time to put back.
Sigh, wish I could be more helpful, but this is the reality we have to live with, I have to pull fuse on a weekly basis just so my basic Uconnect functions can work as intended.

OP
OP

N8213

First Name
Nathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hmm- pulled f97 and 11 and left them out while fueling up. No change.

most concerning is the temp controls- only show hi or lo, and both are very hot. Still no backup camera either.

OP
OP

N8213

First Name
Nathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
So completed the rest of our trip, left the Jeep overnight, all back to normal this morning.

DavidArmen

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR
I know it’s an old thread but I am having the same exact issue that you experienced. 2021 JLUR. After disconnecting the battery for about 20 minutes, most apps are gone including off-road pages, I have no SiriusXM in my media section at all, and climate control only goes to LO and HIGH without temperature digits in between and it only blows very hot air.
Thank you for the information, I’m glad to hear that it will fix itself overnight.

Sponsored

OP
OP

N8213

First Name
Nathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I know it’s an old thread but I am having the same exact issue that you experienced. 2021 JLUR. After disconnecting the battery for about 20 minutes, most apps are gone including off-road pages, I have no SiriusXM in my media section at all, and climate control only goes to LO and HIGH without temperature digits in between and it only blows very hot air.
Thank you for the information, I’m glad to hear that it will fix itself overnight.

Hopefully your experience is the same as mine. I guess the jeep just needed to sit off for a while and everything came back.

DavidArmen

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR
Hopefully your experience is the same as mine. I guess the jeep just needed to sit off for a while and everything came back.
Precisely! Only took a few hours and it all was back to normal! They’re odd features to lose to a battery disconnection-_-

oldcjguy

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 Challenger Hellcat, 19 Challenger Scatpack, 20 JLUR Recon
Occupation
Software Engineer
Disconnecting power causes the different modules on the jeeps network to lose contact with each other. It takes a little time for them to all sync up again and broadcast who's there and what features they have. It all comes back by itself.

rcass46220

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Wrangler JLUR
My 2018 JL Rubicon has lost audio / sound several times over the last couple years, rebooting uConnect normally fixed it. The other day I was listening to the radio and turned the Jeep off to go in to work. After work I start driving when I noticed I had no audio / sound. So frustrated with these late model expensive Jeeps being unreliable or more bubbled paint to contend with.

Anyhow, I tried to pull the fuses F97 and 11 to reset uConnect to no avail. I have left the negative battery terminal off overnight, reconnect in the morning, started the Jeep and went to work no audio. Turned off and got audio. Opened the door and radio with audio still played loud and clear. After three days nothing - no audio when I start and drive. Funny thing is when I turn the Jeep off, before opening the door, the sound comes on. Start the car up and no sound, but turn it off and I get sound?

I have had five Jeeps and I think I'm done buying Jeeps. We pay a lot of money for these Jeeps and they just dont work as they should. My 1978 CJ5 still works, I bet my 18 JLUR won't last five more years.

Anybody want to trade for a Bronco?

What can I do to reset the uConnect and get it to sync with the AMP
Sponsored