Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JLU Sahara
Occupation
Gas Pipeliner
Vehicle Showcase
Hello All,

Long story short, I had a 2018 Jeep Compass that was pretty loaded and it had the Uconnect 4C with NAV and I used the Uconnect app and for the most part it worked ok so was thinking when I sold it off and got my new Wrangler JLU with Uconnect 4 no Nav that it would work with the app but when I log into it the app shows my Compass ? So is it not compatible and if it is how do I get it to show the Wrangler JL instead of the Compass.
Sponsored

Last edited:

CyBourg

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 07 Honda S2000, 2018 JLU Sport O)|||||(O
Hello All,

Long story short, I had a 2018 Jeep Compass that was pretty loaded and it had the Uconnect 4C with NAV and I used the Uconnect app and for the most part it worked ok so was thinking when I sold it off and got my new Wrangler JLU with Uconnect 4 no Nav that it would work with the app but when I log into it the app shows my Compass ? So is it not compatible and if it is how do I get it to show the Wrangler JL instead of the Compass.
I was trying to set mine up yesterday. Apparently the 18 models have been handed off to SXM Guardian UConnect. Different app all together. One customer service rep said you have to have the call button on the rear view mirror in order for the app to work? She transferred me to someone to confirm. After being on hold for 10 minutes, someone picked up and said “I can’t hear you, please call back” and hung up. Typical. Let me know what you figure out!

OP
OP
WranglerMan

WranglerMan

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JLU Sahara
Occupation
Gas Pipeliner
Vehicle Showcase
I was trying to set mine up yesterday. Apparently the 18 models have been handed off to SXM Guardian UConnect. Different app all together. One customer service rep said you have to have the call button on the rear view mirror in order for the app to work? She transferred me to someone to confirm. After being on hold for 10 minutes, someone picked up and said “I can’t hear you, please call back” and hung up. Typical. Let me know what you figure out!
Well I to contacted Uconnect and the first person I could barely understand so was transferred and the second person I spoke to was pretty confused but I could kinda understand but I gave them my VIN number and they said that particular model of radio was not going to work with the app but did not really sound sure about it, apparently from what the Uconnect person said the vehicle must have the call button on the mirror or have the services icon on the radio and I looked on my under settings>apps>services>go

Apparently all the vehicles use Uconnect as the interface in the radio but then there is Uconnect Access which is an additional feature and from what I gather my Wrangler JLU does not have this and by looking at there site you have to have the larger screen

012F1730-3CDD-4E1E-A2CA-2ECC1664CE6C.png

CyBourg

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Well I to contacted Uconnect and the first person I could barely understand so was transferred and the second person I spoke to was pretty confused but I could kinda understand but I gave them my VIN number and they said that particular model of radio was not going to work with the app but did not really sound sure about it, apparently from what the Uconnect person said the vehicle must have the call button on the mirror or have the services icon on the radio and I looked on my under settings>apps>services>go

Apparently all the vehicles use Uconnect as the interface in the radio but then there is Uconnect Access which is an additional feature and from what I gather my Wrangler JLU does not have this and by looking at there site you have to have the larger screen

012F1730-3CDD-4E1E-A2CA-2ECC1664CE6C.png
Thanks for the info! It seems pretty ridiculous that this feature is a screen size issue when all of the other components are there.

Maybe a future firmware update will add the functionality.

OP
OP
WranglerMan

WranglerMan

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JLU Sahara
Occupation
Gas Pipeliner
Vehicle Showcase
Thanks for the info! It seems pretty ridiculous that this feature is a screen size issue when all of the other components are there.

Maybe a future firmware update will add the functionality.
That would be nice but then again Uconncect Access is like $20 a month after the trial period I believe.

Sponsored

OP
OP
WranglerMan

WranglerMan

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JLU Sahara
Occupation
Gas Pipeliner
Vehicle Showcase
Well I just got off the phone with some Uconnect Rep(s) and could clearly understand both and the gent advised that Uconnect and Uconnect Access are two different things, the Uconnect is the interface that the radio uses but Uconnect Access is a separate package built into some entertainment systems as in not all have it and unless you have buttons on the rear view mirrow and have the activate services from your settings>apps>go area then you will not have this service, he also stated that it’s usually paired with navagation.

Would have been nice to have this but will just have to use maps on my phone and not like come the keys in my I also asked if this was a feature I could add and he stated that the entertainment unit would have t be replaced and that would cost a fair amount of money so looks like no Uconnect Access for this Ol Boy

CyBourg

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Well I just got off the phone with some Uconnect Rep(s) and could clearly understand both and the gent advised that Uconnect and Uconnect Access are two different things, the Uconnect is the interface that the radio uses but Uconnect Access is a separate package built into some entertainment systems as in not all have it and unless you have buttons on the rear view mirrow and have the activate services from your settings>apps>go area then you will not have this service, he also stated that it’s usually paired with navagation.

Would have been nice to have this but will just have to use maps on my phone and not like come the keys in my I also asked if this was a feature I could add and he stated that the entertainment unit would have t be replaced and that would cost a fair amount of money so looks like no Uconnect Access for this Ol Boy
Another feature it seems silly to kill on the Sport but I guess they’ve got to sell the Sahara and Rubi somehow .

I was hoping to use it for the Apple Watch app so I could leave my key behind while out on the river.

I appreciate your intel!

OP
OP
WranglerMan

WranglerMan

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JLU Sahara
Occupation
Gas Pipeliner
Vehicle Showcase
Another feature it seems silly to kill on the Sport but I guess they’ve got to sell the Sahara and Rubi somehow .

I was hoping to use it for the Apple Watch app so I could leave my key behind while out on the river.

I appreciate your intel!
Well in order to use Uconnect Access you have to either activate the service from your vehicle or a phone call but if you don’t have the the 8.3 or 8.4 NAV you are not going to have the Uconnect Access from what ya was able to gather but also realize that even if you do have it you only get a one year trial then it’s like $15-$20 a month for the service, the remote start feature was pretty nice as there are no limits on distance for starting but it also has lots of bugs as from my office building it would not work there was to much interference I guess, when they tout the service that make it sound like you are going down the yellow brick road heading towards the great and powerful Oz, the car play feature is nice so I can get in it and plug in my USB cable then plug in directions on maps and hit go and low and behold I have a NAV system on the no NAV Wrangler, so far even though I don’t have all the bells and whistles that my Jeep Compass had I am really enjoying it, we load3d up yesterday and went to the beach for the day in Galveston and went down to the far end and got off in the sand, nothing serious but have to admit I had fun.
Sponsored