Sponsored

PSC Hydro assist help needed / Pitman Arm issues.

anotheraznguy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mojito JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
I recently installed the PSC steering and everything is working pretty good on the street. I ran some tests to check for clearances and ran into an issue where the pitman arm would hit the stock rubicon sway front sway bar when the front driver was at full droop and turned hard left.

My question, is how can i resolve this issue? I am not too familiar with how the stock clock spring works on the JL. Is it possible to just shorten the drag link till the steering wheel makes a complete 360 or will that cause issues with all the electronics? If that is an issue would i then just need to unbolt it from the box and rotate the steering wheel a complete 360 degrees? I cant move the pitman arm on the steering box since it is keyed in one way.

The other option i had which seems like a pain is to just keep shortening the drag link until the pitman arm no longer hits and then remove the steering wheel and recenter it. This is assuming that the steering wheel isnt keyed to anything and would allow me to install it on a different angle.

I was hoping not to have to run manual disconnects on the end links or going to an antirock. Thanks
Sponsored

JL_John

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU
I recently installed the PSC steering and everything is working pretty good on the street. I ran some tests to check for clearances and ran into an issue where the pitman arm would hit the stock rubicon sway front sway bar when the front driver was at full droop and turned hard left.

My question, is how can i resolve this issue? I am not too familiar with how the stock clock spring works on the JL. Is it possible to just shorten the drag link till the steering wheel makes a complete 360 or will that cause issues with all the electronics? If that is an issue would i then just need to unbolt it from the box and rotate the steering wheel a complete 360 degrees? I cant move the pitman arm on the steering box since it is keyed in one way.

The other option i had which seems like a pain is to just keep shortening the drag link until the pitman arm no longer hits and then remove the steering wheel and recenter it. This is assuming that the steering wheel isnt keyed to anything and would allow me to install it on a different angle.

I was hoping not to have to run manual disconnects on the end links or going to an antirock. Thanks
Can you post a pic?

JL_John

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU
Didnt take a picture but at certain suspension travel and almost full lock turning left the drag link is touching the sway bar
I run the PSC but have Anti Rock in the front. Can you run a longer sway bar link to keep the sway bar up?

Sponsored

OP
OP
anotheraznguy

anotheraznguy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mojito JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
I run the PSC but have Anti Rock in the front. Can you run a longer sway bar link to keep the sway bar up?
I am already running metalcloak sway bars endlinks at 12" and those are pretty long. I wouldnt want to go longer as it is already sitting pretty high at right height.

DeVoTee

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
12 JKU Rubicon, 17 JKU Sport on Roids, 18 JLU Rubicon, 19 JL Rubicon ordered, RAM, Range Rover
I am already running metalcloak sway bars endlinks at 12" and those are pretty long. I wouldnt want to go longer as it is already sitting pretty high at right height.
Did you ever figure out your Pitman arm issues? Thinking of going PSC soon.

Thanks

OP
OP
anotheraznguy

anotheraznguy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mojito JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
Did you ever figure out your Pitman arm issues? Thinking of going PSC soon.

Thanks
It wasnt the pitman arm but the drag link pitman arm end that was touching the sway bar. It was a steersmarts end. I tried to loosen the sway bar and hammer it over more to driver side a bit but i didnt see any movement. I have since switched axles and new drag link using rareparts end and I have tested clearances so far with no issues.
Sponsored