hoag4147

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLUR XR
Vehicle Showcase
Startin em young! Mikey likes it! Now you're going to have to work with him to get his own setup, before you adopt his Rav4. 😆
How true :). When my daughter comes home from college her cars sits in the driveway and I never see my Jeep, except pulling out of the driveway lol. She comes home talking about how many waves she gets, of course she is a beautiful 21 yr old blond 🤷‍♂️. The love for jeeps started for both of my kids with our TJ that my, at the time, 16yr son and I fixed up. We lifted, put on 35s, light bars, bumpers, winch, etc and he couldn’t stay out it. Taught my daughter how to drive when she was 14 in it. Figured if she could drive a 4.5” lifted TJ, she can drive anything lol. They learned young about the WAVE.
Sponsored

liquids

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport S, 1968 CJ5
Back from a week "up north" in Michigan, where there are a lot of Jeeps and the Jeep wave is going strong. At least 90% participation. It was a warm, dry week, so lots of doors off and tops down or off. Waves were coming out every orifice. 😳

BadWolf

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon (Sarge Green)
Just got back from Silverton, CO, and Moab, UT. It seemed like I was waving at almost every vehicle I met. My favorite was the Jeep Wrangler with an outline of a wave on the front of the driver's side mirror that blinked at you (I assume driver hit a button inside).

Rubidoc

First Name
AA
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
I usually wave no matter what. I believe in the community and I tell my wife, if you break down, the jeep community will take care of you. I would stop in rails to any Jeeper in trouble no matter what.

Sponsored

YJherJLhim

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
95 YJ and 18 JL Rubicon Unlimited
I'm a boater, and a motorcycle rider, and now jeep owner. I pretty much wave at everyone now, it's exhausting, lol.
Same here brother..Post made me laugh!

Ill give the 2 finger wave, unless you are driving a YJ, then you get a thumbs up for Jeeping it Old School...👍

JeepJLU402

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler JLU Sport S - V6 8AT - 30/44
Best wave I’ve seen was from a family driving topless and doorless. Dad waved out the door. Mom and 3 kids were one hand out the door one hand out the roof. It was hilarious watching their Jeep explode with hands. I think it showed me just have fun.

SLORubi

First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR; 2019 A4 S-line
If for whatever reason I miss an oncoming Jeep and don’t wave, I have this flash thought "Do they think I’m an ass?"

meanddog

First Name
lydia
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
hondas and toyotas
First time jeeper….Wanted one since a teenager. Extremely excited. Heard waving is a thing- had no idea how. Waved like a maniac at any jeep for a day or two. Then a nice fella in Irvine demonstrated the cool steering wheel fingers lifted wave. Ah gotcha……felt as embarrassed as i still feel excited so mostly do the steering wheel fingers wave but if my hands are out the window I will wave out there.
This is the most fun vehicle ever and the sound is awesome so since i am
always happy riding along no matter what- even sitting in traffic i figure y’all are also so
waving seems perfect.

Sponsored

realMacNeil

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Sahara Unlimited
Became a first time Jeep owner this month, bought a 2019 Wrangler Saraha Unlimited. When I was mentioning to my kids and my ex I wanted a Jeep, my ex said "do you really want to wave to every jeep, and are you prepared to get ducked?" LOL, YEP, I am!

Also, my ex and my daughter said "I don't see you as a Jeep guy". My son said "You aren't a Jeep guy, but you could rebrand yourself as one." A month after that conversation, I've rebranded myself.

But back to the original post, wave as you want, and don't feel bad if you miss someone waving, or they miss your wave. Just keep on keeping on. ✌

Rumplemenz

First Name
Geno
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ford Explorer Sport, 1986 Ford Mustang Notchback
is it bad to admit that i cant stand the jeep wave? Ok the cant stand is takn lil too far but as a daily driver it gets exhausting. I am seriously surrounded by wrangler owners. They are everywhere. Majority of the time they never wave back anyway. If i had to guess id safety say that for every 10 waves i will receive 3-4 wave backs. Ofcourse till this day (1 yr owner now of my first ever wrangler - yes took me too long to figure out that wranglers kick azz) i still wave bc the times i dont feel like scooping out other wranglers i see a wave at last second than feel bad that i dissed the waver
Anyhow to be more in detail about the abundance of jeeps in my area i went for a 30 min ride and made the mistake of telling my 7 yr old to count the jeeps that pass us… after 52 i told her game was over lol. We were close to destination and game was getting a lil irritating lol

Charmagne

First Name
Charmagne
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
80th AE JL
Hell, I got a Jeep nod the other day - made me smile as much as a wave. :).

Charmagne

First Name
Charmagne
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
80th AE JL
I love a wave when it comes across 4 lanes of an Interstate with a 50 foot median.
Clearly, the Holy Grail of Jeep Waves.

Cat Ebeling

First Name
Cat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Sport JL Unlimited
I'm on my 3rd Wrangler (2021 JLUR) and I totally believe in the Jeep wave ... if I see a Wrangler, I'm waving. Hell, sometimes I forget myself and I'll wave when I'm driving my wife's Mazda :)

I'm wondering what are people's thoughts on the method of the wave... does the hand have to be on the steering wheel and you lift 2 fingers for the peace sign or a 4-finger wave? Of course, if you have the doors off you can drop it down to the side, that's acceptable.

Sometimes, I'll have my arm sitting on the open window (doors ON) and I'll give the peace sign over the mirror ... is that a proper Jeep wave? Sometimes I feel silly when, I see a Wrangler approaching and I'll shift my hand position to get a hand at the top of the steering wheel just so I can make a normal wave.

Mostly, I'm just curious if the wave has to come from a hand on the steering wheel. Do you consider it a proper wave if someone say, waves out of the window?

Silly topic I know ... but to me the Jeep wave is a state of mind that Wrangler owners understand and some of us think it's pretty important.
I live in Colorado and there are a lot of Jeeps. The college kids don't wave but, when I drive up in the mountains, (where I live) I get a lot of Jeep waves. Mostly the two fingers or four fingers on the steering wheel, but sometimes the hand out the window or the top. It always makes me smile and I always wave back! BTW, I was traveling last week and rented a small Buick SUV. I think I waved a couple of jeeps and I'm sure they were like, "WTH is that lady waving at me for?"
Sponsored