Monsterdun

First Name
Monty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler
Hi all, looking for advice.
I am thinking about upgrading from a 2014 JK Sahara unlimited to a Rubicon.
pretty specific in a Granite Crystal or Sting Gray exterior and saddle brown interior (cuz I don5 like the red dash wit( the black interior)
I live in th3 Bay Area and the local dealer has one in stock with all options I want, but only offering $5k off msrp, so I’ve been researching other dealers all over the us to see what they can do for pricing , as I could be open to having the rubicon shipped.

Here is one price I received and wanted to get your thoughts:
Vehicle Price $58260.00
Dealer Savings $6,786.75
discounted Price. $51,473.25
Sales Tax (estimate) $5204.31
Documentation Fee. $599.00
Smog Abatement Fee $20.00
Title Fee. $27.20
Tag/Registration Fees (estimate) $590.00
Flat Add/County Fee $27.20
total cost (estimate). $58,624.76

looks like shipping is about $1500.

Appreciate any input.
Sponsored

nerubi

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLR, 2020 VW Tiguan
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
Is the example you are giving from another dealer since it shows more than $5,000 off MSRP? How far do you need to ship it, that isn't cheap. All the taxes etc. still apply wherever you purchase it.
My understanding from other buyers is most California dealers don't discount much.

OP
OP

Monsterdun

First Name
Monty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler
Is the example you are giving from another dealer since it shows more than $5,000 off MSRP? How far do you need to ship it, that isn't cheap. All the taxes etc. still apply wherever you purchase it.
My understanding from other buyers is most California dealers don't discount much.
Yes, it is from a dealer in Colorado. You are right that CA dealers are not discounting much. So I would need to factor in shipping, so for this offer, from Colorado to the Bay Area, so another $1k or so.

mike.g

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler JL Unlimited Rubicon
Yes, it is from a dealer in Colorado. You are right that CA dealers are not discounting much. So I would need to factor in shipping, so for this offer, from Colorado to the Bay Area, so another $1k or so.
I got a quote for shipping from TX to CA for $500. I know the pricing varies based on the availability and the distance but $1500 seems a lot. I would shop around. Check with this transport company called Beam Me Up. Haven't worked with them but their pricing was reasonable.

Sponsored

Mid-life Wrangler

First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Rubicon JLU
Shew! Just realized that is a 10% tax rate! You can’t get around that though. Ouch.