Sponsored

Pricing question

cameeel

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 JL 2dr
Good evening all,

New to buying a new car, but is paying MSRP on a 2019 Sport S, inclusive of all dealer fees, title and tags ,and CT sales tax a worthy deal?

Thanks for the help!
Sponsored

shutamouth

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUS
Vehicle Showcase
Good evening all,

New to buying a new car, but is paying MSRP on a 2019 Sport S, inclusive of all dealer fees, title and tags ,and CT sales tax a worthy deal?

Thanks for the help!
Lot of variables here, but it sounds high.

You’d like to be @ about 5% below FWP or Invoice before fees. This price is going to vary based on the options of your Jeep. There are spreadsheets on this forum that will help you caculate the invoice price.

In Connecticut I’d recommend Fitzpatrick Jeep in Ansonia. You’ll find them in the Recommended Dealer thread.

Then you add on dealer fees and CT taxes. The first should be a few hundred, the second will be the same no matter where you buy.

I’d do some due diligence on this forum by finding there exact MSRP, Invoice, and CT tax rate and we can give you a better idea. People can help more if you provide the options on the Sport.

Good Luck.

OP
OP

cameeel

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 JL 2dr
Lot of variables here, but it sounds high.

You’d like to be @ about 5% below FWP or Invoice before fees. This price is going to vary based on the options of your Jeep. There are spreadsheets on this forum that will help you caculate the invoice price.

In Connecticut I’d recommend Fitzpatrick Jeep in Ansonia. You’ll find them in the Recommended Dealer thread.

Then you add on dealer fees and CT taxes. The first should be a few hundred, the second will be the same no matter where you buy.

I’d do some due diligence on this forum by finding there exact MSRP, Invoice, and CT tax rate and we can give you a better idea. People can help more if you provide the options on the Sport.

Good Luck.
Thanks shutamouth I appreciate the help and I'll browse around and reach out to Fitzpatrick Jeep..

The vehicle in question is in VA and is a 2019 two - door manual with the technology group, premium soft top, convenience group and anti-slip differential.

IronScott

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Sahara, 1992 Jeep YJ, 2002 Chevy Silverado
Do you have a trade-in? Not sure about CT but most states allow trade value to be subtracted from sales price for sales tax purposes. That CAN be substantial depending on trade and purchase.

There is a good spreadsheet you can download on here where you can plug-in your options and get the MSRP and FWP (Invoice). That should give you a good negotiating point. I’ll try to find the link.

[edit]

Download the appropriate sheet and enter the option values and the sheet will calculate the values for you. Be sure to use the appropriate tab (Rubicon, Sahara, Sport).

https://www.jlwranglerforums.com/fo...ive-pricing-worksheets-updated-for-2019.3193/

JohnnyB54

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Sahara
Thanks shutamouth I appreciate the help and I'll browse around and reach out to Fitzpatrick Jeep..

The vehicle in question is in VA and is a 2019 two - door manual with the technology group, premium soft top, convenience group and anti-slip differential.
When you contact Fitzpatrick’s make sure you ask for Mark. I purchased my JLUS fromMark. It was a easy and pleasurable experiance. https://www.fitzpatrickschryslerjeep.com/

Sponsored

OP
OP

cameeel

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 JL 2dr
Do you have a trade-in? Not sure about CT but most states allow trade value to be subtracted from sales price for sales tax purposes. That CAN be substantial depending on trade and purchase.

There is a good spreadsheet you can download on here where you can plug-in your options and get the MSRP and FWP (Invoice). That should give you a good negotiating point. I’ll try to find the link.

[edit]

Download the appropriate sheet and enter the option values and the sheet will calculate the values for you. Be sure to use the appropriate tab (Rubicon, Sahara, Sport).

https://www.jlwranglerforums.com/fo...ive-pricing-worksheets-updated-for-2019.3193/
No trade in, but I'll give that worksheet a gander. Thanks for the help!!

ThirtyOne

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.jeepdoodles.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Rubicon, 2017 Chevy Tahoe
Build Thread
Link

Here is the Invoice/MSRP Cost on your build:

2 - Door Sport S - 30,465/31,245
Premium Soft Top - 530/595
Technology - 886/995
Convenience - 352/395
ASD - 530/595
Destination - 1495/1495
Total - 34,258/35,320
5% below invoice - 32,545
VA Doc Fee (estimated) - $699
CT tax (6.35%) - 2,067
CT TTL - $105
Out the Door - $35,416

That is estimated, but it's about the same as MSRP. VA dealers tend to have a high doc fee.

By the way, this is almost exactly like my 4-door build except I got the Cold Weather Package too.

shutamouth

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUS
Vehicle Showcase
Here is the Invoice/MSRP Cost on your build:

Out the Door - $35,416
This. Though if you're heading down to VA, you may be able to shave another percent or two off this price. Personally I'd like to pay about this price and stay in Connecticut.

FWIW I was a few points below 5% off, but traveled to Maryland. Depends what time/mileage/flights+hotels mean to you.

Good Luck.
Sponsored