Powerstop brake kit

Catiajockey

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Rubicon unlimited
So today I had my Powerstop brake kit installed. My 2018 JRUL has 42000 miles on it and I had noticed that the stock rotors looked a bit glazed. With just recently installing 35s I wanted to make sure I adjusted for the larger rotating mass. I have used Powerstop's pads on other vehicles but never their rotors. As someone that works in aerospace I have tremendous appreciation for corrosion protection so I went their Geomet coated rotors:

Jeep Wrangler JL Powerstop brake kit 1617410095003

CARID was the least expensive place I found this kit and with shipping it was a little under $300. These pads have a great feel and the no/low dust is always a plus. This kit is really like an OEM plus style in that is not larger and more aggressive. It just feels better all around.

IMG_6748.JPG

IMG_6749.JPG

IMG_6750.JPG
Sponsored

zyt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mazda Miata
Those rotors look very nice. How are they working out for you after a few years?
I am switching to Powerstop Z36 pads, but not a fan of their drilled and slotted rotors in the kit. If these Geomet coated rotors are holding well for you, I will pair the z36 pads with them.

OP
OP
Catiajockey

Catiajockey

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Rubicon unlimited
Those rotors look very nice. How are they working out for you after a few years?
I am switching to Powerstop Z36 pads, but not a fan of their drilled and slotted rotors in the kit. If these Geomet coated rotors are holding well for you, I will pair the z36 pads with them.
they have about 37K (77ishK on the Jeep) on them now and still look and work great.

Reactions: zyt

zyt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mazda Miata
Thanks for your feedback. I just ordered Z36 pads and these Geomat coated rotors.
Sponsored