Post your progress on Extreme Recon package here

Fiteacher

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram1500
Quick question; I know a Jeep is going to have some noise but not sure how much wind noise. I feel like I hear some A Pillar wind noise on the driver side. Just asking out of curiosity since this was one of the things suggested to look over before taking delivery but I didn't notice it during test drive.
Sponsored

Kim2021Rubi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 JKUR, 2018 JKUR, 2021 JLUR ON ORDER
Is there a specific type of vinyl you're using to cover the hinges? Just curious because it sounds like a great idea.
Thx!
My husband did it today (I would have but he offered so.. :)). We used XPEL ordered off of amazon but I’ve heard people use 3m as well.

MRV861792

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep MOAB (Sold); (Waiting) 22 Rubicon w/XR
Occupation
Executive Project Manager / Risk Consultant
We ordered the exact same Jeep. LOVE IT!
I''m ordering almost the same thing any day now - already have pricing. For 2022, they are not offering the Hardrock Slider Step. I'm on the fence with the Roof - Going with the One-Touch vs. Black Hardtop w/Black Flares. Sames goes with the Steel Bumper. I just sold my 2019 Sting Gray MOAB.

Little719

First Name
Cris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR
mine will be a twin (if she ever gets built, I’m in D status).

I agonized over whether to get a color matched top and fenders. I ended up going with black and boy am I glad I did. I will be buying aftermarket fender flares anyway, but that black top contrasts so well with the gray! And I agree, the wheels fit the color scheme well. That’s a killer looking JL man!
I went back and forth to whether to order matching top/fenders lol but I’m glad I didn’t love the way the black contrast the gray…

Little719

First Name
Cris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR
Quick question; I know a Jeep is going to have some noise but not sure how much wind noise. I feel like I hear some A Pillar wind noise on the driver side. Just asking out of curiosity since this was one of the things suggested to look over before taking delivery but I didn't notice it during test drive.
I hear most of my wind noise during highway driving, driving around town barley any.

Sponsored

cornercanyon

First Name
bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 JKUR, 2021 JLUR XR
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
. . . realizing each day–
Our hard top Jeep Wranglers have all been much quieter than the Land Rover Series 3 and Toyota FJ 40 & 80's. The Toyota FJ Cruiser was quieter still. We have yet to find a quiet expedition rack. With the removable hard tops we have had over the years we notice more noise right after resetting them. All a trade off for driving the most capable 'brick' down the highway to get to where we can walk away from it all—

Last edited:

rent

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR XR
I haven't noticed any wind noise to a specific area with highway driving up to 75 mph.

After putting in sound deadening and headliner from Hothead over the weekend, I feel that they reduce some high frequency noise; road noise now appears more muffled. But it could all be placebo effect! :CWL:

Little719

First Name
Cris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR
I haven't noticed any wind noise to a specific area with highway driving up to 75 mph.

After putting in sound deadening and headliner from Hothead over the weekend, I feel that they reduce some high frequency noise; road noise now appears more muffled. But it could all be placebo effect! :CWL:
What’s your take on that headliner??

rent

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR XR
What’s your take on that headliner??
They are very aesthetically pleasing; definitely make the interior more posh. Very well made, fit perfectly, and install easily. While I feel the price is somewhat high, I'm very happy with the end result.

Tip & trick of the day: when I ordered a couple of months back, I left the items in the cart for a couple of days and was offered a discount via email (I think 10% off).

Sponsored

Steel8083

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 rubicon
I wanted to see how much lift my $$ got Me. Before I traded it I measured my 21 rubicon w/315 ko2s otherwise stock and now My XR.Measured 3 places I thought should be fairly consistent and easy. Tire pressures within a couple lbs of each other.
Front bumper at extension seam (both steel) 28 1/4 30 1/4xr
Rain gutter at back of freedom top 70 72 xr
Top of liscence plate cubby hole might be a little human error on this one. 27 1/4 29xr.
So looks to Me to be 2" higher YMMV

hoag4147

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLUR XR
Vehicle Showcase
Ran into a fellow XR owner today up here in North Jersey. Took some time for a quick photo shoot 🤣

31D40619-9D49-4941-817F-49D9B30EE509.jpeg
It appears the steel bumper group XR seems a bit taller. Even appeared that way on other pics shown not just in this pic. 🤷‍♂️

Has anyone compared spring numbers between the models? We know standard Rubi with steel bumpers/hardtop/tow pkg has taller springs. Curious if applies on XR

vduc1098

First Name
Vinnie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon XR
It appears the steel bumper group XR seems a bit taller. Even appeared that way on other pics shown not just in this pic. 🤷‍♂️
I actually ordered mine with the regular plastic bumper and swapped it out. I think the height difference your seeing is just the uneven ground along with the pic angle.

hoag4147

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLUR XR
Vehicle Showcase
I actually ordered the regular plastic bumper and swapped it out. I think the height difference your seeing is just the uneven ground along with the pic angle.
Gotcha. I wouldn’t think they are different but you never know :)
Sponsored