hoag4147

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLUR XR
Vehicle Showcase
There is a part number floating around FB group. Will see if I can find and post here. The word was will be available sometime in December to purchase 🤷‍♂️
Here is details from FB group on part numbers for XR flare extensions. Supposedly on restriction to order until December.

Jeep Wrangler JL Post your progress on Extreme Recon package here D854A8BA-C91F-4CC5-9756-DB26F280DFBA
Sponsored

cornercanyon

First Name
bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 JKUR, 2021 JLUR XR
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
. . . realizing each day–
This is a can of worms…

My break in on modern vehicles is, one WOT pull when it’s fresh to seat the rings(first 50 miles, usually on the way home from the dealership), drive it gently for the first 500 miles. Make sure you vary RPMs (no chilling on the highway) first oil change at 500 miles and do the rear diff fluid at this time too. Then drive like a normal person. After ~1,500 miles, start to open it up more, change the oil at 3,000 miles and start driving like a Kia owner
Interesting. Wide Open Throttle sets the rings. Through all the gears? Just for a few seconds? I love to tinker and build, but I am no mechanic. Open to learn–

Jeepeto

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR XR
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Sparky
Vehicle Showcase
Clubs

Interesting. Wide Open Throttle sets the rings. Through all the gears? Just for a few seconds? I love to tinker and build, but I am no mechanic. Open to learn–
I did a TON of research on this a few years back and there’s definitely many different opinions as to the right way to do break in. This is why i said it’s a can of worms. I’m no engine builder, but this is the way I’ve chosen to do break in on the last 5-6 vehicles I’ve had. I typically do a WOT pull from a rolling start to “highway speed”. For sure do your own research, but beware you’ll find conflicting opinions.

Sponsored

cornercanyon

First Name
bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 JKUR, 2021 JLUR XR
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
. . . realizing each day–
I did a TON of research on this a few years back and there’s definitely many different opinions as to the right way to do break in. This is why i said it’s a can of worms. I’m no engine builder, but this is the way I’ve chosen to do break in on the last 5-6 vehicles I’ve had. I typically do a WOT pull from a rolling start to “highway speed”. For sure do your own research, but beware you’ll find conflicting opinions.
I like it, and odds are I will do that on the way home even if I am trying not to. Now I won't worry when I do—

RidgebackWrangler

First Name
Brent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Toyota Prius LE, 2021 Toyota Prius Prime
Ordered on 10/1/21 and I got a VIN from the dealer today 10/7/21.

Jeep Rubicon White with the Black 3 Piece Top
XR Package
8.4in Stereo Package

Pretty Basic. The dealer did tell me that the stand alone Remote Start not the Cold Weather Package was unavailable. I told them just order without it I don't care.

Lets see how long this basic build takes. I asked Jeep Chat real quick they said gathering the parts for the build process.

CT_Matty78

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR XR (ordered 9/14)
Occupation
Graphic Designer + Photographer
Ordered on 10/1/21 and I got a VIN from the dealer today 10/7/21.

Jeep Rubicon White with the Black 3 Piece Top
XR Package
8.4in Stereo Package

Pretty Basic. The dealer did tell me that the stand alone Remote Start not the Cold Weather Package was unavailable. I told them just order without it I don't care.

Lets see how long this basic build takes. I asked Jeep Chat real quick they said gathering the parts for the build process.
keep us posted

CT_Matty78

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR XR (ordered 9/14)
Occupation
Graphic Designer + Photographer
Who's picking-up their new XR this weekend???

Sponsored

e23nk1

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JKU Freedom Oscar Mike
Who's picking-up their new XR this weekend???
Not me....10 weeks in and still nothing.
I cant wait for the 2022's to start hitting the street in Jan while some of us are waiting on our previously ordered 2021's.
That would be a very Jeep thing to happen...unfortunately....lol