Post your progress on Extreme Recon package here

FailureCoach

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1991 Corvette ZR-1, 2002 Corvette Z06, 1972 GMC
I was a bit nervous about how the gun metal wheels and sting grey would look, however it is a perfect match. I'm happy with how it turned out.
It was a great choice. I was pensive as well, but now i'm not. I traded in a 2016 Firecracker Willys, I almost went red again, it just looks so good, but both of my Corvettes are red, so I went a different direction. I'll be glad to get mine. Awesome Jeep you have.
Sponsored

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TBD
For those of you with shipping dates and ETA’s, how are you getting this info? Jeep chat is telling me my Jeep is in shipping stage with no dealer ETA. My dealer isn’t saying anything other than process should move quick now.

TallDude

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 JLUR-XR
For those of you with shipping dates and ETA’s, how are you getting this info? Jeep chat is telling me my Jeep is in shipping stage with no dealer ETA. My dealer isn’t saying anything other than process should move quick now.
I am in the same boat. Since last week 🤷🏼‍♂️

mosa8084

First Name
Mo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLURXR
from Jeep Chat and or dealers. I didnt get ETA until my Jeep was on the train

Sponsored

Carlton

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeeps lots of jeeps
It was a great choice. I was pensive as well, but now i'm not. I traded in a 2016 Firecracker Willys, I almost went red again, it just looks so good, but both of my Corvettes are red, so I went a different direction. I'll be glad to get mine. Awesome Jeep you have.
Thanks. Firecracker Red is a great color as well.

I noticed that I buy jeeps in patterns:

Black
Firecracker Red
Hyper green
White
Punk'n
Hella Yella
Sting Grey

Dull color
2 brights
Dull color
2 brights
Dull color

😆

longfiredragon

First Name
Darryl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUW Sport 2.0 L Turbo
Great looking Jeeps, really nice. I don't know anything about the XR package but I have a question maybe someone can answer. I really like the little fender extenders or whatever they are called and seem to be on the XR.

Besides the functionality which I am assuming they added because of the wider tires? they look really good, it kinda cleans up the fender and makes it look even better in my opinion.

So the question is can you buy those? I haven't looked yet, just curious if anyone knew.

Thanks

Jeepeto

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR XR
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Sparky
Vehicle Showcase
Clubs

Great looking Jeeps, really nice. I don't know anything about the XR package but I have a question maybe someone can answer. I really like the little fender extenders or whatever they are called and seem to be on the XR.

Besides the functionality which I am assuming they added because of the wider tires? they look really good, it kinda cleans up the fender and makes it look even better in my opinion.

So the question is can you buy those? I haven't looked yet, just curious if anyone knew.

Thanks
People will be taking them off their XRs, just hang around and pick up a set on the cheap. I’m sure mopar will eventually sell them to you outside of the package as well if you want to go that route

longfiredragon

First Name
Darryl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUW Sport 2.0 L Turbo
Jeepeto, I just got excited when I saw them, thought they look good. But your right some may not like them and may be removing them. I looked on the Mopar site, couldn't find them listed as a separate part yet. ☹

Jeepeto

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR XR
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Sparky
Vehicle Showcase
Clubs

Jeepeto, I just got excited when I saw them, thought they look good. But your right some may not like them and may be removing them. I looked on the Mopar site, couldn't find them listed as a separate part yet. ☹
It would guess it would be a while before they’re aftermarket. But it’s a polarizing feature and many owners are already asking how hard it would be to remove (just plastic rivets BTW). You’ll surely be able to find a set of take offs.

Sponsored

hoag4147

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLUR XR
Vehicle Showcase
There is a part number floating around FB group. Will see if I can find and post here. The word was will be available sometime in December to purchase 🤷‍♂️

CT_Matty78

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR XR (ordered 9/14)
Occupation
Graphic Designer + Photographer
Just got word from my dealer:

"It should be done by the 15th although it can be a day or two before or after. Once done with the factory build it will most likely go to JB status which is body vendor where they install decals, steps, or anything that isn't installed at the factory. Once done with JB it will move to shipping. All said and done I think your Wrangler will be here before the months end. However, that can definitely vary"

I'm optimistic - based on all the XR's I've seen rolling in lately. I had Thanksgiving as a goal in my mind when I ordered on 9/14. Maybe I'll see it before Halloween! What do you guys think?

rent

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR XR
Here's my experience but treat it as an anecdotal piece of information as JC is legendary in their inconsistency.

Here's what JC told me in the several days during shipping:

9/27 - "Shipped, ETA 10/4-10/18." (Sticker became available online)
9/29 - "Shipped, ETA 9/28-10/1." (The vehicle actually arrived at dealer on this day)
9/30 - "Shipped, ETA 9/28-10/1."
10/1 - "Shipped, ETA 9/28-10/1." (Vehicle listed on carguru and dealer website)
10/2 - "Vehicle was delivered on 9/29."

I am in the same boat. Since last week 🤷🏼‍♂️

CT_Matty78

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR XR (ordered 9/14)
Occupation
Graphic Designer + Photographer
Here's my experience but treat it as an anecdotal piece of information as JC is legendary in their inconsistency.

Here's what JC told me in the several days during shipping:

9/27 - "Shipped, ETA 10/4-10/18." (Sticker became available online)
9/29 - "Shipped, ETA 9/28-10/1." (The vehicle actually arrived at dealer on this day)
9/30 - "Shipped, ETA 9/28-10/1."
10/1 - "Shipped, ETA 9/28-10/1." (Vehicle listed on carguru and dealer website)
10/2 - "Vehicle was delivered on 9/29."
Curious what the timing was for you between being "built" and being "shipped"?
Sponsored