2021 JLUR XR
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Sparky
Vehicle Showcase
Clubs

Any issues seeing 8th on the highway?
Under 65 it sits in 8th fine. When I jumped on the 75 mph highway it was hunting. I was only on for a couple miles; hard to tell how it’ll behave in the long term. I’m happy with it. If they had offered 4.88s at the time I would have gotten them, but the 4.56 seem acceptable
Sponsored

hoag4147

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLUR XR
Vehicle Showcase
Under 65 it sits in 8th fine. When I jumped on the 75 mph highway it was hunting. I was only on for a couple miles; hard to tell how it’ll behave in the long term. I’m happy with it. If they had offered 4.88s at the time I would have gotten them, but the 4.56 seem acceptable
Just curious. Have you reset tire size for 37s?

Sponsored

Carlton

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeeps lots of jeeps
I have about 1,000 miles on mine now averaging 18.5 mph. I feel like it drives really good. First 300-500 i feel like it was a little tame and now it is opening up some or maybe it is just me. Wish they would just do a 5.7 hemi option on these.
I was just saying the same thing yesterday. I have no interest in a 392 on a rolling cinder block. The 5.7 would be a perfect match.

Last edited:

jessebkr87

First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
N/A
That looks fantastic. Congrats!

Could you post a photo of your HD rock slider/step? Is it practical to step on it to get into the vehicle?

And did your all-weather floor mats show up?
I did get my floor mats. I’ll take a pic of the steps tomorrow. I will admit they really aren’t practical for a step. The step surface is small enough that I find it easier to just heave myself up into the Jeep. Was hoping for more of a step.

CT_Matty78

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR XR (ordered 9/14)
Occupation
Graphic Designer + Photographer
I did get my floor mats. I’ll take a pic of the steps tomorrow. I will admit they really aren’t practical for a step. The step surface is small enough that I find it easier to just heave myself up into the Jeep. Was hoping for more of a step.
I ordered the rock rails too - knowing they were on the small side (and not really a step)...I have young kids and thought maybe that would be enough of an edge for a smaller size foot to use as a step - what do you think after seeing in person?

hoag4147

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLUR XR
Vehicle Showcase
I ordered the rock rails too - knowing they were on the small side (and not really a step)...I have young kids and thought maybe that would be enough of an edge for a smaller size foot to use as a step - what do you think after seeing in person?
I have them as well. Kids, and wife may like it. You will appreciate it doesn’t get in the way, in or out

Sponsored

fasho

First Name
Lawrence
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler Rubicon
It looks awesome in person! We are very happy with our choice! Even goes nicely with the tan interior option!
I should be getting my black one on Monday
A couple observations.

4.56 gears feels a bit buzzsaw like with the 35s. May be NECESSARY to add 38s to make it run smoother.

Steering is much more crisp than my 2019 & 2020 JLUR

The steering wheel is thinner than my 2019 & 2020 JLUR (I bought a 2021 RAM Friday and noticed this compared to my 2019 RAM as well)

I feel like they may have changed the seating a bit. Seats feel stiffer/awkward.

So far MPG is 15 which is odd considering my previous JLUR on 38 and 40s were getting 17+. However, the jeep is new and I have noticed MPG improves with time.
So your saying the new one will be for sale in 10 to 12 months? That is a lot of vehicles in 3 years! ,

PBosch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon XR
When you purchase from Gupton and you are from out of state/will be registering out of state, do they still slap paper plates on your new ride?