Vehicle Showcase

GGspartan318

First Name
Gabe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Pontiac G6
Has anyone seen progress on their 3.6 liter or 392 XR builds yet? I am still in the scheduling/gathering parts phase unfortunately... : (

OP
OP
galleywinter

galleywinter

First Name
Tod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Hard Rock JKU, 2018 JL Rubi, 2020 Mercedes GLC 300(Wife) :-)
Occupation
Environmental Manager, VA Hospital
Has anyone seen progress on their 3.6 liter or 392 XR builds yet? I am still in the scheduling/gathering parts phase unfortunately... : (
I haven't check with JC yet. They said August build and I'm making myself wait until Monday the 16th to start bugging them. Now if I hear someone's XR is actually being built this week I might have to move that up a few days :) In the the 392 thread a couple guys have said theirs has moved to the the parts gathered, scheduled for build stage?

Sponsored

GGspartan318

First Name
Gabe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Pontiac G6
I haven't check with JC yet. They said August build and I'm making myself wait until Monday the 16th to start bugging them. Now if I hear someone's XR is actually being built this week I might have to move that up a few days :) In the the 392 thread a couple guys have said theirs has moved to the the parts gathered, scheduled for build stage?
Wow! I respect your patience! Meanwhile I am bugging the heck out of JC twice a week lol. I really just need the Jeep before the winter rolls around... Haha! Oh really? I’ll have to check that thread out!

OP
OP
galleywinter

galleywinter

First Name
Tod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Hard Rock JKU, 2018 JL Rubi, 2020 Mercedes GLC 300(Wife) :-)
Occupation
Environmental Manager, VA Hospital
Wow! I respect your patience! Meanwhile I am bugging the heck out of JC twice a week lol. I really just need the Jeep before the winter rolls around... Haha! Oh really? I’ll have to check that thread out!
Ha! I wish I could call it patience. I ordered my first JL in late 2017 and it took forever. This time around has been a nightmare. Original order sat in paint stage for 5 weeks then it was just cancelled after being built for 10 weeks. Whole new VIN/VON the works. Started from scratch. Nobody could tell me why. The dealer was useless. Any info I got was info I dug up. I told him, it's a shit show at this point just forget it. I'll order from Gupton. Didn't return my deposit either. Technically Jeep cancelled that order, not me. Should have given me my deposit back. Oh well. Started over. By that time XR was available for order so I'm calling it a blessing in disguise. So not really patience. It's just comical at this point. It gets here when it gets here. Sold my truck to Vroom in June. Driving a relatives POS Kia. I've had 9 Wranglers, this will be the 10th. Kinda sucks driving a Kia. Nothing wrong with Kia. They're making a nice ride these days. This one isn't lol. Hoping for September delivery, wouldn't surprise me if it was December. There will be 22's being delivered by then :)

GGspartan318

First Name
Gabe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Pontiac G6
Ha! I wish I could call it patience. I ordered my first JL in late 2017 and it took forever. This time around has been a nightmare. Original order sat in paint stage for 5 weeks then it was just cancelled after being built for 10 weeks. Whole new VIN/VON the works. Started from scratch. Nobody could tell me why. The dealer was useless. Any info I got was info I dug up. I told him, it's a shit show at this point just forget it. I'll order from Gupton. Didn't return my deposit either. Technically Jeep cancelled that order, not me. Should have given me my deposit back. Oh well. Started over. By that time XR was available for order so I'm calling it a blessing in disguise. So not really patience. It's just comical at this point. It gets here when it gets here. Sold my truck to Vroom in June. Driving a relatives POS Kia. I've had 9 Wranglers, this will be the 10th. Kinda sucks driving a Kia. Nothing wrong with Kia. They're making a nice ride these days. This one isn't lol. Hoping for September delivery, wouldn't surprise me if it was December. There will be 22's being delivered by then :)
Oh my gosh I am so sorry to hear that! It sounds like you’ve been through absolute hell trying to get this vehicle... I would be ticked if the dealer did not return my deposit after Jeep cancelled the build... The bright side is that a pretty rad new package is being offered now (XR) so your Wrangler will be bigger and better than ever before! I think you made the right choice selling your truck even if the Kia sucks though. You probably got a great deal on the trade so kudos to you! I have a pretty strict deadline that I need to meet in order for this new vehicle purchase to work. My CDI expires at the end of the year and so does my auto loan check... So basically if I don’t have it by then, I am SOL.... I really hope that Jeep figures something out soon and gets the tires rolling in their factory! It all makes me very nervous.

jmm11116

First Name
JM
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR
So isn't there the towing weight increase with the XR package? Does this come from the springs? I’m wanting to turn this into an overlanding rig and those are typically heavy. I was planning on upgrading the suspension to handle the increased weight but maybe I don’t have to do that now?

Rubbertoe

First Name
Roberto
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sahara
So isn't there the towing weight increase with the XR package? Does this come from the springs? I’m wanting to turn this into an overlanding rig and those are typically heavy. I was planning on upgrading the suspension to handle the increased weight but maybe I don’t have to do that now?
the wheelbase is a big limiting factor.

Sponsored

rubiland

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Rubicon Unlimited 392
My last two were Overlanding vehicles.
Your just looking for the increased weight capacity right, or are you actually looking to tow? I used an AEV suspension on the last two and beefed up some of the suspension bits up front too for the larger tires. Carried the extra weight with zero issues. You are NOT going to tow more than indicated. Vehicle isn’t long enough to counter the sway. Compare the JT and JL and you can see why the JT has the increased towing capacity. If you absolutely need to tow and want the engine, look at the Power Wagon as a platform, it makes for a fantastic Overlander. DM me if you want to know more.