Sponsored

Post your progress on Extreme Recon package here

RubiXR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 RubiXR
Clubs

Hey folks, new here and new to Jeep (Wrangler), had a Jeep Liberty before. Ordered a JLUR XR on 8/5 in Irvine, CA and as of this morning still gathering parts. I have been going through the awesome spreadsheet by @rent and like many others on here mine is loaded. However, I have found one difference on my build and it is the Mopar Doors off mirror kit.

IMG_4255.JPG
Sponsored

Jeepeto

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR XR
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Sparky
Vehicle Showcase
Clubs

Hey folks, new here and new to Jeep (Wrangler), had a Jeep Liberty before. Ordered a JLUR XR on 8/5 in Irvine, CA and as of this morning still gathering parts. I have been going through the awesome spreadsheet by @rent and like many others on here mine is loaded. However, I have found one difference on my build and it is the Mopar Doors off mirror kit.

Jeep Wrangler JL Post your progress on Extreme Recon package here IMG_4255.JPG
Welcome! Looks like you snagged a pretty good user name there. Congrats on the new Jeep, it'll be worth the wait.

jmm11116

First Name
JM
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR

Oooooooo.... What is the "Doors Off Mirror Kit"? This is the first I'm hearing about that kit.

RubiXR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 RubiXR
Clubs

Welcome! Looks like you snagged a pretty good user name there. Congrats on the new Jeep, it'll be worth the wait.
Haha thanks, pure luck I guess. I am usually the guy with an username +12 numbers after it. I am so looking forward to the Jeep and reading this board has been my scapegoat.

RubiXR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 RubiXR
Clubs

Oooooooo.... What is the "Doors Off Mirror Kit"? This is the first I'm hearing about that kit.
My understanding is it is the doors off mirror kit that attaches to the body and hinges. Going doorless is one of the first things I want to do so I figured it would be perfect to get it with the Jeep. However I wonder if that is causing delays since I seem to be one of the few still not showing movement.

https://store.mopar.com/oem-parts/mopar-exterior-mirror-kit-82215331ab

Sponsored

jmm11116

First Name
JM
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR
My understanding is it is the doors off mirror kit that attaches to the body and hinges. Going doorless is one of the first things I want to do so I figured it would be perfect to get it with the Jeep. However I wonder if that is causing delays since I seem to be one of the few still not showing movement.

https://store.mopar.com/oem-parts/mopar-exterior-mirror-kit-82215331ab
Yeah, me too. I just haven't liked any of the aftermarket options that I have seen. These look good but I wonder how they work.

rent

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR XR

IMG_4255.JPG
Welcome! I added your data and additional column for the Doors Off Mirror Kit.

At this point I'm finding this exercise futile as I could not discern any pattern between options ordered vs delay. I can just hear the old timers say "I told you so" now :CWL: and rightly so.

I will try to maintain the spreadsheet just for fun and in case it could be useful to someone.

https://1drv.ms/x/s!AiWr6LBdXPAXgbMgtqAvFoNSKOsjSQ?e=59hPND

bckly

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR XR
Occupation
Engineer

nice! I ordered 7/30 without this kit and still in D :(. But I did have the tan leather interior.

PBosch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon XR
Welcome! I added your data and additional column for the Doors Off Mirror Kit.

At this point I'm finding this exercise futile as I could not discern any pattern between options ordered vs delay. I can just hear the old timers say "I told you so" now :CWL: and rightly so.

I will try to maintain the spreadsheet just for fun and in case it could be useful to someone.

How does a person submit the details of their build to you? I'm on the spread sheet, but the only detail is engine size.

Sponsored

OP
OP
galleywinter

galleywinter

First Name
Tod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Hard Rock JKU, 2018 JL Rubi, 2020 Mercedes GLC 300(Wife) :-)
Occupation
Environmental Manager, VA Hospital
Same ole song and dance....." I am showing all of the materials needed to start the build process have been received. The vehicle should be entering the build process very soon".

Carlton

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeeps lots of jeeps

I've been saying for years that there is no discernable reason for build dates.

A few years ago a member and I ordered the EXACT same jeep. I ordered two months prior. He got his within a couple weeks of ordering. I waited four months...

The following year I ordered a 2020 JLUR. It showed up in about 2 weeks. Jeep was probably sick of my 5 calls/chats a day and said put this guy first 😆

Daug

First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler Unlimited and Gladiator
I asked the dealer that I ordered from if I was able to change mine. But they said they couldn't because I was in D status, and I'd have to place a whole new order. Give it a shot, maybe you'll have better luck!
My salesman said he would check but he didn’t sound very positive. Never heard back from him. I guess when I do hear back it will be exactly what you said. Jeep chat told me it was too late but I called the dealership anyway.
Sponsored