Possible transmission issue

Bane_JL

First Name
Christopher
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep JL Sport
2020 Wangler JL Sport 1 and 1/2months old (brand new) stopped at a lot and refused to reverse or move forward. Engine light came up when the issue occurred. After shifting the gear to D (gear D blinks), it says shift to P . I am very upset with the transmission issue on my new Wrangler JL. It stopped at every light or when I came to a complete stop for any reason. I was able to drive to the dealership. After the quick diagnostics code, service dept. said transmission or electrical issues. Dealership did not have a rental car for me at the moment.

Any one experienced similar issue?

@JeepCares
Sponsored

aldo98229

First Name
Aldo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Jeep Gladiator, 2018 Fiat 124 Spider
Occupation
Market Research
Vehicle Showcase
Welcome to the forum.

I have no issues with the automatic transmission. Zero.

You should be getting a free loaner!

Yes, @JeepCares ...?

SouthCo

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Billet Silver Sahara
Welcome to the forum. Sorry to hear your having issues with the auto transmission. I have not experienced any issues with my auto. My 2018 Wrangler is my first Jeep and I was hesitant to buy one. But after driving the 3.6 and 8spd auto I was so impressed it was hard not to buy it. I have about 28k miles on mine now and it's been great.

Hopefully they can get you sorted out quickly and the rest of your ownership will be trouble free. At least you have lots or warranty left if they don't get it right the first time. Really stinks about not being able to get a loaner.

OP
OP
Bane_JL

Bane_JL

First Name
Christopher
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep JL Sport
Well that’s the plan. Dealership doesn’t have any currently.

OP
OP
Bane_JL

Bane_JL

First Name
Christopher
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep JL Sport
I tried that,
I tried that it would still lock the shifter. Regardless if the engine stopped or not.

Sponsored

OP
OP
Bane_JL

Bane_JL

First Name
Christopher
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep JL Sport
Even after turning it off it happen.

OP
OP
Bane_JL

Bane_JL

First Name
Christopher
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep JL Sport

JeepgirlJL2018white

First Name
Andrea
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL unlimited
2020 Wangler JL Sport 1 and 1/2months old (brand new) stopped at a lot and refused to reverse or move forward. Engine light came up when the issue occurred. After shifting the gear to D (gear D blinks), it says shift to P . I am very upset with the transmission issue on my new Wrangler JL. It stopped at every light or when I came to a complete stop for any reason. I was able to drive to the dealership. After the quick diagnostics code, service dept. said transmission or electrical issues. Dealership did not have a rental car for me at the moment.

Any one experienced similar issue?

@JeepCares

Over the last two years I have taken my JL to get checked for the same issues. D to P and stopping, plus a smell going on to the interstate when i hit gas very toxic smell. Dealership could not find anything wrong and it worked fine when I went to get it checked out. Sadly after the 60,000 miles warranty my full transmission failed. EVERY GEAR at 65,000. Cost me 5200.00 for new transmission out of pocket. Do not take those issues lightly
Sponsored