Sponsored

Poll: Steering problems on the 2018 Wrangler JL

Poll: What do you think will fix the current steering problems on our Jeep Wrangler JLs?

• Total voters

Thumper07

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Unlimited
My car drives straight as an arrow. The problem arises when there's input from the driver. Because there's a lot of play in the steering wheel, the driver tends to over compensate and over correct. This leads to the car going back and forth. It's the same with headshake on a motorcycle. The car goes to the right so the driver over corrects to the left and so the car goes to the left and causes the driver to over correct again to the right, but even more-so, and it gets bigger and bigger. I learned that by making TINY corrections that I can stop the over-correcting problem and now my car drives perfectly. I think the reason why there's so much play in the steering is because it's an off road vehicle, and the best I must say. It's designed to be the best off road vehicle there is and so it's designed more for that purpose. Or, it's designed to excel in that area FIRST and other areas LAST. If they correct this problem for the road then it will only make the off road capabilities sacrifice. It's the way it is and I hope they will never change it and make the same mistake GM did with the Humvee/Hummer/H2/H3. They made it more and more into a soccer-mom SUV and finally people stopped buying it and it was discontinued.
Sponsored