Sponsored

Pillar Light Mounts that allow Left/Right adjustment?

Lustmord

First Name
B
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.lustmord.com
Vehicle(s)
Rubicon JLU. It's a Jeep.
Has anybody come across such options?
I've been looking for a while with no luck.
- I have cube lights from my old vehicle that I'd like to mount on my JLU's pillar with spots pointing forward and floods slightly to the left/right but all the mounts I find force pounting the cubes straight/front only.
Sponsored

Mantacon

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Sting Grey JLUR

Sponsored

Mantacon

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Sting Grey JLUR
I really liked their price point, but those reviews are so back and forth for shipping customers that I'm scared to risk it.
They are local to me, so I can't speak for the shipping since I have just went to pick them up. They also have ligetime warranty.

InspiredEngineering

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Rubicon JL, 2013 JKU on 60's, 1997 TJ on D60s
Take a look at our A pillar kit. We only sell as a kit right now, but maybe you can use your existing lights for fog lights or something else.

melendez69

First Name
Marc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 3.6 JLR / 2013 911 / 2013 E92 M3
Occupation
...huh?
Vehicle Showcase
@InspiredEngineering

I'm running a pair of your 6 Cube Red Series lights (spot), and I think they're great. The red faceplate blends well with the red Rubi and the output is excellent. However...and there's always a "however..." the hardware and U-shape brackets leave much to be desired.

The brackets are thin and flimsy, and mounting the lights to them was difficult. There isn't an easy way to get the hex bolt to the mounting nut. I had to use a thin 10mm wrench to line it up & hold it in place. Pliers ain't fitting in between the slots. I have several pair of cube lights that have a built-in spot hold the mounting nut securely in place so only a hex bit is needed.

The small piece of waterproofing plastic with the rubber gasket immediately separated from both connectors when disconnected after testing the lights.. I managed to lose one and the other simply won't stay in place. The only way to connect is to keep this little piece out. This doesn't happen with my other lights, and I've disconnected/reconnected them a few times.

I understand lighting is your thing and you put out an excellent product, but improvements to the mounting would have to be made for me to consider your A-pillar kit or even another set of lights. Again... they look nice on my JL and put out a serious amount of lumens, and I appreciate you honoring the discount.

View attachment 113382 View attachment 113384 View attachment 113385

this_thing.jpg

bracket.jpg

Attachments

• 0 bytes Views: 0
Last edited:

Sponsored

InspiredEngineering

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
@InspiredEngineering

I'm running a pair of your 6 Cube Red Series lights (spot), and I think they're great. The red faceplate blends well with the red Rubi and the output is excellent. However...and there's always a "however..." the hardware and U-shape brackets leave much to be desired.

The brackets are thin and flimsy, and mounting the lights to them was difficult. There isn't an easy way to get the hex bolt to the mounting nut. I had to use a thin 10mm wrench to line it up & hold it in place. Pliers ain't fitting in between the slots. I have several pair of cube lights that have a built-in spot hold the mounting nut securely in place so only a hex bit is needed.

The small piece of waterproofing plastic with the rubber gasket immediately separated from both connectors when disconnected after testing the lights.. I managed to lose one and the other simply won't stay in place. The only way to connect is to keep this little piece out. This doesn't happen with my other lights, and I've disconnected/reconnected them a few times.

I understand lighting is your thing and you put out an excellent product, but improvements to the mounting would have to be made for me to consider your A-pillar kit or even another set of lights. Again... they look nice on my JL and put out a serious amount of lumens, and I appreciate you honoring the discount.

View attachment 113382 View attachment 113384 View attachment 113385

this_thing.jpg

bracket.jpg
Thanks for the feedback, and we are glad you like the quality, finish and light output.

Since your order, we have changed the 6mm nuts that mount inside the light, so you'll only need the included allen key to assemble them. It turned out that a few sets got sent out with slightly thinner nuts making the install a bit more complicated. We can send out some of the newer style if you'd like.

In regards to the brackets, they are 18 GA steel, so they should be sufficient to hold the light, we have never had any complaints about them. Can you send us some more feedback on those? Are the lights shaking or moving around?

Ill take a look at some of our harnesses on the shelf and see if there are any issues but, the connectors on the light and harness are designed to be as water tight a possible, so sometimes when pulling the plug out that rubber does that. A bit of dialectic grease will help it slide in and out smoother. We try to build them to really tight tolerances for as much water dispersion as possible. We can also send out the part that got lost and some dielectric grease if you'd like.

I know you're happy with your purchase, but if we can ever do anything to make you experience better, past or future, let us know and we will make sure to go above and beyond.

melendez69

First Name
Marc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
...huh?
Vehicle Showcase
Thanks for the feedback, and we are glad you like the quality, finish and light output.

Since your order, we have changed the 6mm nuts that mount inside the light, so you'll only need the included allen key to assemble them. It turned out that a few sets got sent out with slightly thinner nuts making the install a bit more complicated. We can send out some of the newer style if you'd like.

In regards to the brackets, they are 18 GA steel, so they should be sufficient to hold the light, we have never had any complaints about them. Can you send us some more feedback on those? Are the lights shaking or moving around?

Ill take a look at some of our harnesses on the shelf and see if there are any issues but, the connectors on the light and harness are designed to be as water tight a possible, so sometimes when pulling the plug out that rubber does that. A bit of dialectic grease will help it slide in and out smoother. We try to build them to really tight tolerances for as much water dispersion as possible. We can also send out the part that got lost and some dielectric grease if you'd like.

I know you're happy with your purchase, but if we can ever do anything to make you experience better, past or future, let us know and we will make sure to go above and beyond.
I'm certainly happy with the lights. One of the mounts didn't line up properly with the mounting location and there's scraping when I pivot the light. I'll PM you with a picture, and about replacing the mounting hardware. Thank you for the reply.

InspiredEngineering

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I'm certainly happy with the lights. One of the mounts didn't line up properly with the mounting location and there's scraping when I pivot the light. I'll PM you with a picture, and about replacing the mounting hardware. Thank you for the reply.

Sounds good. We can get some new U brackets sent out as well as that part for the plug, and our new nuts.

melendez69

First Name
Marc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
...huh?
Vehicle Showcase
Sounds good. We can get some new U brackets sent out as well as that part for the plug, and our new nuts.
Thank you... here's what the pair of your 6-cubes put out mounted on the fenders... headlights and the pair of cubes mounted on the A-pillar are off. I'm sure by now I may have creeped out my neighbors by lighting up their houses for the past few nights.

lights.jpg
Sponsored