Phone mount location

fzdan4256

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JL Rubi Billet Silver , 6 speed
So I wasn't sure what to do with the phone . I use a Otter box case on the phone. I use the Quad Lock adaptor on the phone. I use it for my bicycles also. I got the adaptor and this was about the only place I could find to mount the adaptor. Works perfect! Just need a short cable for the phone to the USB . Anyhow just what worked for me is anyone was looking for suggestions!

fullsizeoutput_58fd.jpeg

tRSHEf5ITkKk6WaXZhGWPA.jpg

JoKI9OZhTfapifG%8d%lHw.jpg

Cf7MbzKhSjuNEAscKNSaLA.jpg
Sponsored

JEEPJL

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep unlimted Sahara JL
Vehicle Showcase
I dont understand why I would want my phone mounted like this when its synced with the infotainment system . When Im driving I dont text or search anything so Its either laying in the passenger seat or down by the hand brake .

If I get a call or want to call I control this from my steering wheel and If I receive a text its on my Info screen to either view or listen to it .

Im lost ....or am I missing something ???

DickZip

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Jl Rubicon
there is no place to put anything in my JL, getting the phone off the seat and out of the cup holders leaves more space for...more stuff. It's a ticket for holding your phone in the state I live in. Also I can mount my iPad since there aren't any offroad pages. I don't Syn my phone to the infosys I have the 8.4 with the gps works better when there's no data available.
So if u don't get it then u won't get it.

Sponsored

JEEPJL

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep unlimted Sahara JL
Vehicle Showcase
there is no place to put anything in my JL, getting the phone off the seat and out of the cup holders leaves more space for...more stuff. It's a ticket for holding your phone in the state I live in. Also I can mount my iPad since there aren't any offroad pages
So if u don't get it then u won't get it.
I get it - Just curious

js1911

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1978 CJ-7
I dont understand why I would want my phone mounted like this when its synced with the infotainment system . When Im driving I dont text or search anything so Its either laying in the passenger seat or down by the hand brake .

If I get a call or want to call I control this from my steering wheel and If I receive a text its on my Info screen to either view or listen to it .

Im lost ....or am I missing something ???
Almost unnecessary...Waze is a far better navigation app than is the built-in NAV and CarPlay does not allow the use of Waze.

DickZip

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Jl Rubicon
I don't agree, the gps is excellent. If you don't have data your out of luck with waze or other apps.

OP
OP
fzdan4256

fzdan4256

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JL Rubi Billet Silver , 6 speed
Solid mounting point when moving around. Plus the media plug is right there. Just using a 6in cable. Doesn't get in the way at all.

Sponsored

DickZip

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Jl Rubicon
The 1" ball is the motorcycle handle bar mount. Short arm and I made the phone mount out of a extra belt clip I had.

Kenny121

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
I love this setup! My only question is do you see issues with passenger airbag deployment? I’m not sure where/how the airbag deploys and I don’t want my phone launching at my head.

DickZip

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Jl Rubicon
It may, hopefully I won't find out.

Kadonny

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR Manual Trans Front Spacers, 2010 JKU Wrangler Sport
I don't agree, the gps is excellent. If you don't have data your out of luck with waze or other apps.
The think about Waze is it gives you real time traffic conditions and best routing. Can't do that with GPS unless you buy the traffic service.

DickZip

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Jl Rubicon
The maps on the uconnect gps have offroad trails on them, not sure how many but I have been impressed on the amount of trails that show up.
Pretty cool, does waze have that?
Sponsored