First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JLU Rubicon, 2018 JLU Sahara
Occupation
Battalion Chief
hey firemadz how old is your son? I was debating bringing my 6 year old along, but my wife seems to think its a bad idea.
He just turned 10 in July.
Sponsored

pennsoxfan

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR Diesel, 2018 Wrangler JLU Sport S

Aclud4

First Name
Al
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUS
How was the class? How did your sons do? I've been thinking of taking the class with my son too, but I was out of town last weekend when you guys went.
I have been offroad in trucks, quads, dirtbikes a lot over the years but it is exactly what I expected. I got to learn some of the features of the Jeep without having to read anything and got a good tour of Rausch Creek. Kyle did a great job - he knew every vehicle in and out and talked to the differences those in a Sport vs Rubi vs Toyota vs my Sahara while running the class. I don't think I will go with such a large group ever again - there was a lot of waiting. I grabbed a map and I think it would have been good use of the time to talk to location, where we are headed, etc. during that downtime.

I am thinking about going tomorrow...interested?

-AL

brewcrew

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR Punk'n
How was the class? How did your sons do? I've been thinking of taking the class with my son too, but I was out of town last weekend when you guys went.
I had a great time at the class. The weather was perfect. I had no previous experience with any type of off-road vehicle, so this was all new to me. It was a great way to learn some of the off road features you have with the JL. Kyle was a great instructor. Its nice knowing that the JL can handle more than I am ready to throw at it.
The next day after the ride, I started to plan more off road trips. I can see how it can be addicting.

I agree with Aclud4 about the waiting. A few times we just sat in the vehicles waiting for other to clear an obstacle. But overall I would recommend it.

I ended up not bringing my 6 year old. I think it would have been to long of a day for him.

Sponsored

Firemadz

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Battalion Chief
I had a great time at the class. The weather was perfect. I had no previous experience with any type of off-road vehicle, so this was all new to me. It was a great way to learn some of the off road features you have with the JL. Kyle was a great instructor. Its nice knowing that the JL can handle more than I am ready to throw at it.
The next day after the ride, I started to plan more off road trips. I can see how it can be addicting.

I agree with Aclud4 about the waiting. A few times we just sat in the vehicles waiting for other to clear an obstacle. But overall I would recommend it.

I ended up not bringing my 6 year old. I think it would have been to long of a day for him.
I echo this, although I really didn’t mind the waiting. I got to try things I honestly am not sure I would have attempted otherwise. I learned a lot about my first Jeep. My son had a blast, too! My daughter was pissed that she didn’t get to go. She’s almost 16, and the Jeep is her dream vehicle. I’m thinking about signing up for one of the guided rides this fall, maybe at AOAA.

Aclud4

First Name
Al
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUS
I echo this, although I really didn’t mind the waiting. I got to try things I honestly am not sure I would have attempted otherwise. I learned a lot about my first Jeep. My son had a blast, too! My daughter was pissed that she didn’t get to go. She’s almost 16, and the Jeep is her dream vehicle. I’m thinking about signing up for one of the guided rides this fall, maybe at AOAA.
Let me know when you go, I'd love to check out AOAA.

pennsoxfan

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR Diesel, 2018 Wrangler JLU Sport S
I’m looking at November 10.
I could possibly go the following weekend, Nov 17-18... or the previous Sunday, Nov 4. But Nov 10-11 is a rough weekend schedule wise.

Sponsored

Aclud4

First Name
Al
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUS
I’m looking at November 10.
I'm good that day. Is total cost $30 and we can pay when we arrive or do we need to sign up for a membership like Rausch?

-AL

Firemadz

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Battalion Chief
I'm good that day. Is total cost $30 and we can pay when we arrive or do we need to sign up for a membership like Rausch?

-AL
The way I read it is that it’s just like Rausch Creek. We pay $30 plus the off-road park fees. Fortunately, I think we just pay for a 1-day pass, so another $30.

NOVAJL

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 WK2 Trailhawk and ordered 2018 JLUR
The way I read it is that it’s just like Rausch Creek. We pay $30 plus the off-road park fees. Fortunately, I think we just pay for a 1-day pass, so another $30.
This is correct. $30 for ORC and $30 for the one day pass. I like the trails at RC better but AOAA definitely has better support infrastructure (parking lot, port a potties food, etc). Some of the trails at AOAA have trees that are very tight. There was one trail where I scratched both front fenders between a pair of trees.

OP
OP
MBurgJL

MBurgJL

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
I'm looking to go to Rausch this weekend. I hoping to go Sunday, the weather looks better than Saturday. Who else is interested?
Sponsored