Jeeporama

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon (JLU), 2005 Jeep Liberty
Vehicle Showcase
Does anyone know how or where to get the paper owner's manual for my 2018 JLUR?
Sounds strange that the dealer tells me the PDF is all that is available, I ordered it from factory, they should give me a book.....:swear:

I just want one to keep it the Jeep like any other vehicle I've ever purchased so I can reference it when required. Even the bag that holds the quick guide appears to have enough space to hold the typical 600+ page little book.... :headbang:
Sponsored

Firecracker18

First Name
Darrell
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sport S Jeep, Honda Lawnmower
Occupation
Commercial Insurance
It should have been in your glove box in this case. The tire warranties are in there along with some other paperwork (your rights, etc). I don't believe your dealer. What are you going to do when in the boonies with no cel phone coverage, a dead battery, etc and you need to know the jack points to change a tire?

fullsizeoutput_10c8.jpeg

Bearman95

First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Rubicon
Does anyone know how or where to get the paper owner's manual for my 2018 JLUR?
Sounds strange that the dealer tells me the PDF is all that is available, I ordered it from factory, they should give me a book.....:swear:

I just want one to keep it the Jeep like any other vehicle I've ever purchased so I can reference it when required. Even the bag that holds the quick guide appears to have enough space to hold the typical 600+ page little book.... :headbang:
My dealer told me the same thing, I contacted jeep cares and they had one mailed to my residence with in a week! Hope this helps.

Rhinebeck01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JL Rubi, '22 Prevost M H3-45,'01 Harley FatBoy
@Jeeporama

The paper manual does not come with the JL.

You can call Jeep Customer Assistance Center at 866-362-2146. Request a paper manual.

They will oblige(No charge) but only if you have already taken delivery of your JL. If your JL is on order and you have not taken delivery, then they will tell you to call back after delivery.

Sponsored

Rhinebeck01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
@Jeeporama

Just realized you are a Canadian. Not sure if your way of getting the manual will be different then for those in the USA.

Let us know hoe you make out on this..

DCELL

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 JL Sahara, Ford F150
The paper manual came with our 2019 JL S. I was finally able to find the PDF yesterday-put it on my phone. Anywho. Who remembers getting a VHS tape with directions on how to operate the soft top? Got one in an '03 TJ. It was on a CD for the '06 we got.

Rhinebeck01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
The paper manual came with our 2019 JL S. I was finally able to find the PDF yesterday-put it on my phone. Anywho. Who remembers getting a VHS tape with directions on how to operate the soft top? Got one in an '03 TJ. It was on a CD for the '06 we got.
@DCELL

You actually got the 600+ page User's Manual or the smaller guide that comes with the JL? You might want to look again...

Paluss

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLURD
my JL was minus a owners manual and tool kit, dealer had to order both, took about 1 week.

BillG

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Sting Gray JLUR / 15 Harley Tri glide / 50 Dodge Rat pickup
426AFD38-441D-4086-81EC-E20B77D9E2E9.jpeg
They usually come with what is called a users guide. You contact Jeep for the actual owners manual. Back in the spring they had a habit of sending out 2018 jk manuals first, even though they wanted your vin, then you’d have to contact them again to finally get the correct manual. Hopefully that problem has corrected itself by now.
Anyway, I ended up with the complete 2018 set, both jk and JL. According to the forum back then, this happened to several of us.

Sponsored

DCELL

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 JL Sahara, Ford F150
@DCELL

You actually got the 600+ page User's Manual or the smaller guide that comes with the JL? You might want to look again...
You're right. I got the 116 or so page "essential information" guide. I did not bother to look at it-print is to small. I like the full "Owner's Manual" in PDF. That is finally available on the JEEP.COM site...couldn't find it until yesterday.

Firecracker18

First Name
Darrell
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sport S Jeep, Honda Lawnmower
Occupation
Commercial Insurance
I just. took a look. Here's what all came crammed in the pouch: Owners manual (356 pages), Quick Reference Guide, Sirius XM brochures/channel list, Some part # card (maybe for the owners manual?), U-Connect info card, Lemon Law info, CA info, an interim update for the 2L (I have a V6), Shipping order (dealer must have put that in there), Roadside assistance via FCA, and change of ownership card. No tire warranties as I was thinking. I noticed my owners manual is different from the above pic. Maybe a revision?

fullsizeoutput_de2.jpeg

JLJoy

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon JLU 3.0 Diesel
No manual came with mine either. I have the PDF version bookmarked on my phone and ipad. Will have to call jeep to order one, would be nice to have if I am stuck somewhere without a signal.
Sponsored