p0118 ECT Sens voltage too high error

Mo815

First Name
Mo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bmw 328i
I picked up my new JL sport a few months ago and been loving it. Im at 2k miles now. However this morning I noticed the fans running loud on acceleration . 15 minutes later check engine light appeared. The code is p0118 ECT Sens voltage too high. There is no reading of the coolant temp on the dash. I also noticed a clicking noise coming from the fuse box. Not sure what caused this. The day before it was driving fine. Does anyone have any experience with this ? I would rather try to a fix it than waste time at the dealer.

The jeep is lifted on 2 1/2" lift on 37" tires, not sure if this can cause any issues
Sponsored

Last edited:

JJMalone

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
392, '20 JLR, '00 TRD Tacoma
I picked up my new JL sport a few months ago and been loving it. However this morning I noticed the fans running loud on acceleration . 15 minutes later check engine light appeared. The code is p0118 ECT Sens voltage too high. There is no reading of the coolant temp on the dash. I also noticed a clicking noise coming from the fuse box. Not sure what caused this. The day before it was driving fine. Does anyone have any experience with this ? I would rather try to a fix it than waste time at the dealer.

The jeep is lifted on 2 1/2" lift on 37" tires
p0118 usually indicates open circuit to temp sensor, check that it is plugged in tight. Possibly need new sensor under warranty or other wiring problem?

OP
OP
Mo815

Mo815

First Name
Mo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bmw 328i
p0118 usually indicates open circuit to temp sensor, check that it is plugged in tight. Possibly need new sensor under warranty or other wiring problem?
Could it potentially be caused by aftermarket headlights and turn signal?
Sponsored