Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Rubicon JLU
Vehicle Showcase
Looks fantastic.

Anymore updates?
Waiting on Warn rear bumper, DV8 slider/steps, and 35"s once the rubber is worn.

I did get some lights wired - I put pics up soon.

Having a lot of fun adventures with her though.

OP
OP
@OUTDOORTREE

@OUTDOORTREE

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Rubicon JLU
Vehicle Showcase
Perfect day jeeping on the bottom of Rimrock Lake - reservoir with a lot of water drained - mudding/ and rock crawling. KC C-series light bar new. Warn Elite rear bumper on its way!

F4C7CAF9-8428-40F8-83B4-E0BF5EAB3771.jpeg

RussJeep1

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Sahara
Gobi Stealth Rack arrived and installed!

C4C0E9A7-6E99-422A-B7AB-BA6EDECE4C32.jpeg
187FBB47-1535-4D32-9618-6BD153AB0CDC.jpeg
Bob: Would you guess that the height of the Gobi when attached to the front members (NOT when its detached, angled back, and up in the air) can e changed?

I ask because I'm not sure that the Gobi, once detached from the front, angled back, and the OEM soft top opened, that said soft top could remain in Sunrider (i.e. first position) and have the Gobi rack close back up properly without the Sunrider position soft top getting in the way . I'm thinking if you want the soft top open with the Gobi that opening said top might be an "all or nothing" proposition, and that taking the soft top all the way back, so as to clear the re-installed Gobi, would be necessary.

Thoughts? (BTW: Sunrider position extends about 13" above the roof line with the top is in its closed position.)

(the term Sunrider is used her not to refer to Bestop's Freedom Panel replacement product, but rather a position of the OEM soft top: premium or basic.)

OP
OP
@OUTDOORTREE

@OUTDOORTREE

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Rubicon JLU
Vehicle Showcase
Bob: Would you guess that the height of the Gobi when attached to the front members (NOT when its detached, angled back, and up in the air) can e changed?

I ask because I'm not sure that the Gobi, once detached from the front, angled back, and the OEM soft top opened, that said soft top could remain in Sunrider (i.e. first position) and have the Gobi rack close back up properly without the Sunrider position soft top getting in the way . I'm thinking if you want the soft top open with the Gobi that opening said top might be an "all or nothing" proposition, and that taking the soft top all the way back, so as to clear the re-installed Gobi, would be necessary.

Thoughts? (BTW: Sunrider position extends about 13" above the roof line with the top is in its closed position.)

(the term Sunrider is used her not to refer to Bestop's Freedom Panel replacement product, but rather a position of the OEM soft top: premium or basic.)
I think your right. I would call Gobi and ask but you can not adjust the height once the front is locked in.

OP
OP
@OUTDOORTREE

@OUTDOORTREE

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Rubicon JLU
Vehicle Showcase
Stock image since installed installed picture is low light and hard to see on under the Jeep - 1.5 days and I am so happy. The Mopar steering dampener keeps failing and they keep sending more bad ones. I demanded Jeep pays - its at FCA for reimbursement.

The comfort level and lack of death wobbles (although just a bandaid - but a great bandaid) is making this a great purchase. Medium is great for city daily driving. Excited to get off road again and switch to soft!

falcon.jpg
Sponsored

Last edited: