Morgan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUS
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Literally right before we left, a really simple piece that turned out to be a lifesaver showed up on the front porch. Researched a lot on options for a rear interior cargo rack and couldn't believe the price for some of those out in the market. Looked at all of the reviews and comparisons for products between $100-$500. Turns out, a lot of these parts suppliers must be assuming that if you have the JL, you can afford to throw money in the wind.

In all seriousness, this thing is a lifesaver if you're stacking stuff in the rear cargo. I can't say that I would put a ton of weight on this rack, but it worked to add a layer of cargo that would have otherwise just had to be packed on top of everything else. We put duffels, air mattresses, the liquor cabinet, folding chairs and coolers on the floor of the cargo area and then loaded up the rack with everything that we wanted to be able to access from the back seat or didn't want to unload during stops. Worked perfectly and would HIGHLY suggest this accessory for anyone loading down their cargo area.

The fit is perfect and the construction is simple. It certainly isn't top of the line, but it's less than half of the price than some other products on the market. Topped it off with a small cargo net for holding things in place...for reference, I could stand a half gallon of milk upright under the cargo not and it didn't fall over between the grocery store and the house....

Despite some negative reviews, I gambled on this rear rack off of Amazon: RT-TCZ Interior Rear Cargo Rack Luggage Storage Carrier Solid Metal Trunk Shelf for 2007-2018 Jeep Wrangler JK JKU Unlimited & 2018-2020 JL JLU Unlimited, Interior Accessories

Jeep Wrangler JL 2018 JLUS Overland Build IMG_5375.JPG
Sponsored

OP
OP
benhinez

benhinez

First Name
Morgan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUS
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Gonna be my last update for awhile because I'm starting to venture into the big stuff. First of five new wheels showed up yesterday! Black Rhino 18x19.5 Fury rims in Gunmetal Gray. These things are stunning and I can't wait to get them installed with new 35" rubber on top of a new lift.

As for the lift, I'm really torn on where I want to go. Definitely not trying to break the bank, but I want something that retains my highway comfort and gives me the confidence that I won't get stuck out on modest trails. Right now I'm zeroing in on three options and would love to get some feedback.

Option 1: JLS JSPEC
Option 2: EVO Enforcer Overland
Option 3: Metalcloak Gamechanger

OP
OP
benhinez

benhinez

First Name
Morgan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUS
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Just uploaded updates in my build thread. Finally got my lift, tires and rims installed. Got hooked up by the guys at Core Off-road in a Denver with a 2.5” RK X-Factor on Fox shocks. 18” Black Rhino Fury’s wrapped in 35” Mickey Thompson Baja ATPs. Rides great! Looks great! Can’t wait to get her out and stretch her legs!
Jeep Wrangler JL 2018 JLUS Overland Build 1C134F20-F86B-45DB-9D5B-21279B676A8C

OP
OP
benhinez

benhinez

First Name
Morgan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUS
Build Thread