OffroadTreks

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep JLU 2.0TE
Vehicle Showcase
A table has to be set up and put somewhere. As someone who hits the trails regularly with his family, there is a lot to be said about the convinced of a flip-down table.

that being said, this is also more aesthetically pleasing and just better looking from a product design standpoint than some of the other half baked solutions that just drill right onto the existing panel.
Sponsored

anotheraznguy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mojito JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
Why not put the cash into something else? You can get a camping table for like $50 (high end) and still have more space to cut and prep food. This table looks cool...but $350! Dang... so what am I missing?
For me, it comes down to space. I go out with a family of 4 and packing for all 4 is rough. I have a rollup table as well but sometimes i can't pack it. So for me, having a built in table is a godsend.

stP8WoN.jpg

vEUedQC.jpg

JLBlue

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JL-Sport
Occupation
GWOT Life
For me, it comes down to space. I go out with a family of 4 and packing for all 4 is rough. I have a rollup table as well but sometimes i can't pack it. So for me, having a built in table is a godsend.

stP8WoN.jpg

vEUedQC.jpg
Fair enough. Still damn pricey though

OffroadTreks

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep JLU 2.0TE
Vehicle Showcase

stP8WoN.jpg

vEUedQC.jpg
We're a family of 5. Time to start thinking about expensive ultra-light gear dude. Those bags are YUGE!! lololol Cheers

anotheraznguy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mojito JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
We're a family of 5. Time to start thinking about expensive ultra-light gear dude. Those bags are YUGE!! lololol Cheers
I feel you. We are slowly starting to transition all our gear to smaller stuff. Its just extremely pricey. 4 sleeping pads and 4 sleeping bags can run up to 1500-2000. But i am slowly minimizing everything

Sponsored

OffroadTreks

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep JLU 2.0TE
Vehicle Showcase
I feel you. We are slowly starting to transition all our gear to smaller stuff. Its just extremely pricey. 4 sleeping pads and 4 sleeping bags can run up to 1500-2000. But i am slowly minimizing everything
It's why our primary camp rig is a Power Wagon
c_oc=AQlbaD9OCsAHmp-yIB-kFp0q_ftXwoNp6KWEcD24Syg-NynJQjbnLKgrRa3tHImxu68&_nc_ht=scontent.fboi1-1.jpg

But I've been thinking about how to get them out there with the Jeep beyond day trips. For now though, I've gone solo camping with the Jeep. It's tight, especially with the roof and doors off.

This is why I want one of these tables, it's just fast and convenient to have a fold-down workspace you can make sandwiches on or set up your grill for a quick picnic.

anotheraznguy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mojito JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
It's why our primary camp rig is a Power Wagon
c_oc=AQlbaD9OCsAHmp-yIB-kFp0q_ftXwoNp6KWEcD24Syg-NynJQjbnLKgrRa3tHImxu68&_nc_ht=scontent.fboi1-1.jpg

But I've been thinking about how to get them out there with the Jeep beyond day trips. For now though, I've gone solo camping with the Jeep. It's tight, especially with the roof and doors off.

This is why I want one of these tables, it's just fast and convenient to have a fold-down workspace you can make sandwiches on or set up your grill for a quick picnic.
I had a 4th gen 3/4 ton megacab ram and we used to camp out in that that all the time. Only issue was size of the vehicle to go on the tight trails to get to the camp's less traveled. All my existing gear is from the truck so i have been having to downsize. We have a 65qt cooler that won't even fit within the jeep without losing all trunk space.

A functional table that doesn't rattle off-road / on-road is a godsend. The Outback Trailgator although expensive meets all my needs and provides the most horizontal table space available.

RubenZ

First Name
Ruben
Threads
Reaction score
Website
myjlproject.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford F-250, 18’ Toyota 4Runner

lembowski

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR Sting Gray
Got a little jealous of the light on the American Adventure Lab table so looked for something for the Tailgater that looked good. I found the below on Amazon and went for it since when mounted it would shine down towards the table and not out towards you. The silver matches great with the table and once you stick the 3M magnets on you can remove the light to recharge it when needed, you can even recharge in the field with a portable battery pack or off the 12V plug.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07KM8B1CY/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o01_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

IMG_0692.jpg

IMG_0693.jpg

IMG_0694.jpg

Wraith

First Name
Joshua
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Nacho JLUR - AEV Build
Mine arrived and went on the Jeep super easy. I had the trail rail system before and tried to see if the rail would bolt on but it is just a bit too big to work. Even machining off the lip wouldn't give enough clearance. Tried a few other ideas for utilizing the three trail rail bolting locations without anything really working. Has anyone mounted anything to these three bolt locations like a cargo tie down rail for hanging items or other ideas? The gasket they give you is terrible by the way for anyone looking to do this. I plan on taking it back off and replacing it with some better quality foam gasket that will actually adhere to the surface (wouldn't stick even using CarPro Eraser on the surface)

Jeep Wrangler JL Outback Trailgater 1600721379799

Sponsored

jscherb

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 JKU, 2006 LJ, 2006 Wrangler Pickup
Mine arrived and went on the Jeep super easy. I had the trail rail system before and tried to see if the rail would bolt on but it is just a bit too big to work. Even machining off the lip wouldn't give enough clearance. Tried a few other ideas for utilizing the three trail rail bolting locations without anything really working. Has anyone mounted anything to these three bolt locations like a cargo tie down rail for hanging items or other ideas? The gasket they give you is terrible by the way for anyone looking to do this. I plan on taking it back off and replacing it with some better quality foam gasket that will actually adhere to the surface (wouldn't stick even using CarPro Eraser on the surface)

Jeep Wrangler JL Outback Trailgater 1600721379799
What did you want to mount there? When the table is stowed there isn't too much room between it and the tailgate. Just enough room for some utensils...

DonnyFinal4_zpsatc7lqex.jpg

Wraith

First Name
Joshua
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Nacho JLUR - AEV Build
Just looking for ideas as to what others have done. Nothing in particular that I am after.

Grateful1

First Name
Grateful
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sahara 1998 TJ Sport 2011 Extreme Camper
Occupation
HR Manager
What did you want to mount there? When the table is stowed there isn't too much room between it and the tailgate. Just enough room for some utensils...

Jeep Wrangler JL Outback Trailgater DonnyFinal4_zpsatc7lqex
Wait. What. Your glass. It is attached to your tailgate.

jscherb

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 JKU, 2006 LJ, 2006 Wrangler Pickup
Wait. What. Your glass. It is attached to your tailgate.
Yes, it's attached to the tailgate.

I don't like the factory liftgate and the two-step process to gain access to the cargo area so the two Jeeps in the photo have "barn doors" - they're fiberglass upper door halves that attach to the tailgate and provide one-step access. Both of the Jeeps in the photo are JKus (the Jeep in the background is mine, the one in the foreground belongs to a friend). I haven't done the molds for a JL barn door (yet).

Sponsored