Ordering dual tops on a 2-door

N75

First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Willys 2dr
Being from the northeast, I would really like the dual top group but I'm definitely ordering a 2-door. I will build it with a hardtop for factory wiring and plumbing, so my question is how does one order a premium soft top as an extra? Is there one part number that's inclusive of all the hardware necessary to install? Is this something that will be offered via Jeep or Bestop, or both?

Any idea a ballpark cost, maybe from previous JK experience?

Thanks!!
Sponsored

OldGuyNewJeep

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JL, 2016 Yukon XL
Being from the northeast, I would really like the dual top group but I'm definitely ordering a 2-door. I will build it with a hardtop for factory wiring and plumbing, so my question is how does one order a premium soft top as an extra? Is there one part number that's inclusive of all the hardware necessary to install? Is this something that will be offered via Jeep or Bestop, or both?

Any idea a ballpark cost, maybe from previous JK experience?

Thanks!!
Just order the dual top option. Premium soft top will come on a big box.

OP
OP
N75

N75

First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Willys 2dr
Jeep is not offering the dual top option on 2-door JL’s.

jman

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
A van and a boring car
I'm from the North East too and there is no way I want the dual top group. IMO it's too much to deal with. I don't want to have to store one top while I'm using the other and have to deal with swapping them around. I've always had soft top Jeeps and never felt like I wasn't protected from the elements. This time around I am getting a hard top only because of how easy they are to remove.

Anyways it's your Jeep get what you want but it just seems like a lot of money spent for very little gain.

OP
OP
N75

N75

First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Willys 2dr
I prefer the ease of accessibility of the cargo area with the hard top, as well as being able to go through an automatic touch car wash in the winter. In the summer, I want to leverage the bikini position that is only available with a soft top. This is also replacing our summer TT roadster, so hoist-free top operation is much preferred.

Sounds like you should save some money and get the soft top, infinitely easier to remove than a hard top. I did one on an unlimited by myself in 90 seconds first try. About 3 minute to put back on (will be way faster with practice). The engineering on the new window system is fantastic.

Sponsored

OldGuyNewJeep

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JL, 2016 Yukon XL
Jeep is not offering the dual top option on 2-door JL’s.
Really? Hmm. It was available when I ordered on 12/23, but I opted for soft top, only. I wonder if it's a temporary lock out like others have seen with hard tops and manuals?

TimT

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Jeep Wrangler
Yeah, I have the same question. I'm Ready to order a 2 door JL but there's no option to order dual tops and the dealers seem to know nothing at this point. Also, about half of the colors have "Late availability" written next to them. This mean they can't be ordered yet?

alphacc82

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JLU - Punk'n
Yeah, I have the same question. I'm Ready to order a 2 door JL but there's no option to order dual tops and the dealers seem to know nothing at this point. Also, about half of the colors have "Late availability" written next to them. This mean they can't be ordered yet?
Some of the colors can be ordered, like the orange and blue. The grey and Mojito still can't be ordered. Also, per the site there is no option for dual tops on a 2-door but a dealer or someone else that went through it may have more info.

chrisdhawkins

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
to be ordered JL Rubicon, 2015 F150 Lariat
Has anyone had luck with ordering the dual top on a 2 door since Feb? I will be placing my 2 door order this week and really want the dual top. I guess I can order the hard top so it is factory wired and then get a premium soft top later...but I am concerned the price will be significantly more and I may have to wait even longer to get the soft top. Thoughts/advice?

OP
OP
N75

N75

First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Willys 2dr
Premium soft top is $2100. It’s up on Quadratec. Best bet is negotiate with your dealer to include at their cost with your order.
Sponsored