sk00pie

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Willys
Hi all,

Ordering a 2 Door Willys. Understand you cannot order Dual Tops with 2 Doors, what's my best strategy? Order would be with hard top so wringing all included. Then just order a soft top through Mopar? Or would it be any cheaper through a dealer?
Sponsored

Spdu4ia

First Name
Travis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 2dr Rubi
i would get hardtop then order whatever top you want aftermarket. usually cheaper that way and most of the time better anyway.

OP
OP
sk00pie

sk00pie

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Willys
i would get hardtop then order whatever top you want aftermarket. usually cheaper that way and most of the time better anyway.
Thanks! I want the look of the OEM soft top, do you have an example of an aftermarket soft 2 door top?

Edge Hawk

First Name
Asa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLURD on order, 2014 JKUR & 1992 M101 CND 2 trailer
Thanks! I want the look of the OEM soft top, do you have an example of an aftermarket soft 2 door top?
you can get the softtop afterwards, same as OEM. You'll just need to order the bracket and door surrounds too.

Sponsored

Edge Hawk

First Name
Asa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLURD on order, 2014 JKUR & 1992 M101 CND 2 trailer
Any idea where the best price / option would be?
My first option would be on FB marketplace/FB jeep groups. People are always selling their tops. You could probably find someone who had the dual top group, but never plans on taking the hardtop off.

Just make sure to get all the hardware you might need from them, I haven't seen the JL softtop up close, so it might be a different setup than the JKs.

I was driving to Moab and saw a Jeep with soft top flapping in the wind. She had just bought it from someone, and she didn't have the bracket that bolted to the sportbar, since her jeep only came with a hardtop. So I took off my bracket and gave it to her, since I had sold my soft top to someone who needed a replacement.

Rico1111

First Name
Rico
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Rubicon 2 door JL
sK00pie, order from Bamwholesale that is where I got mine,it is the complete soft top comes in a giant box by transport. Mine was 1600 ..every body else wanted 2200 or more. I got the premium twill with tinted windows...it is the oem top! you can't go wrong!!

OP
OP
sk00pie

sk00pie

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Willys
sK00pie, order from Bamwholesale that is where I got mine,it is the complete soft top comes in a giant box by transport. Mine was 1600 ..every body else wanted 2200 or more. I got the premium twill with tinted windows...it is the oem top! you can't go wrong!!
can of worms but is the premium worth the 400 or so extra over the standard? Is it any easier or harder to care for?

Rico1111

First Name
Rico
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Rubicon 2 door JL
The premium is far and away the best top! It is like the kind of top you find on a high end convertible ...more like canvas cloth and not vinyl. It is also thicker and it has an insulate backed into it that keeps the temps in or the cool in when you use the ac. Just my opinion...I have always liked the twill ...I traded my 981 in for my Rubi and the top feels the same so to me it was a no brainer ..I will never go back to the standard top.

Sponsored

Rico1111

First Name
Rico
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Rubicon 2 door JL
You could def do the soft top all year! My last JK I only had the soft top and it was the vinyl one which held up fine for three years till I traded it... I am in RI and those three years we had a lot of snow and it was fine. The premium would have been great had they had it then. I do like changing it up a bit so I have both and love both.

misanthrope

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Schwinn Homegrown
Occupation
Badass
Or just keep premium soft top all year? NY winters aren’t awful is it do able?
I toyed with that idea, but going into my second winter, I'm very happy I have a hard top as well as a soft top. The wiper/defroster alone make it worthwhile, but I would imagine deicing those plastic windows would destroy them. Plus the freeze/warm cycle can't be great for the fabric over time.
If I were you, I would order with the hard top and then take my time finding the best soft top option. Bestop makes the factory soft top as well as a few aftermarket options. Search the interweb for the best price and this forum for specific recommendations.

jacllondon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 jl rubicon granite 2 doors; 2021 willys Sarge
Vehicle Showcase
i ordered OEM from BAM website. it came with everything hardware included. for $1400 if i am not mistaken.
Sponsored