Ordering a new wrangler

Dave C

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Sport S
I just ordered a 2019 Wrangler 2 door Sport S [where is the 2 door Sahara?]. Red River Jeep, Heber Springs, AR told me it would be 6 weeks before delivery. The big mistake I made? I forgot to order the tow package to get a class 2 hitch to tow my ATV. That cost me $100 for less!

But my wife is looking forward to the 8 speed auto and the 2.0 turbo. We'll miss the 2014 Sahara Unlimited we traded.
Sponsored

GunnersJL

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2008 JKU Rubi, 2015 JGC Diesel Overand
Probably about right. My JLRU was ordered on 11/20. Shipped on 1/5. At the regional freight depot today to be loaded on a carrier and taken to the dealer. I figure it may show up by Friday. Roughly 8 weeks total, which I'm very happy with. Others have received them a few weeks quicker than mine. Mine is pretty loaded with options. That may add some time.

GreyFox

First Name
Brandy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 JKU, 19 JL
I just ordered a 2019 Wrangler 2 door Sport S [where is the 2 door Sahara?]. Red River Jeep, Heber Springs, AR told me it would be 6 weeks before delivery. The big mistake I made? I forgot to order the tow package to get a class 2 hitch to tow my ATV. That cost me $100 for less!

But my wife is looking forward to the 8 speed auto and the 2.0 turbo. We'll miss the 2014 Sahara Unlimited we traded.
Can you call your dealer and have them add the tow package? And yeah I'm with you on where is the 2 door Sahara.

mwilk012

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ocean Blue JLU Rubicon
Occupation
Service
Have the dealer change your order. Act quickly. There is no 2 door Sahara because of something about the fitment of the selec-trac transfer case. At least that's the reason Jeep gave a while ago.

JeepDave

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 2D Sport, V6, Manual Transmission

Congrats! What color & top?

Sponsored

guarnibl

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 JLUR 392 XR, '21 JTR, '21 JLR, '09 JK
Have the dealer change your order. Act quickly. There is no 2 door Sahara because of something about the fitment of the selec-trac transfer case. At least that's the reason Jeep gave a while ago.
Makes sense. Ran into the same problem when swapping my 4 speed atlas into my 2 door JK (doing v8 swap at same time). Had to use a 2 speed Atlas instead.

C_Copperpot

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Truck

Was there much room for negotiating when ordering?

misanthrope

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Schwinn Homegrown
Occupation
Badass

Did you beat Kim's price at Superior in Conway? I know she's 5-6% below invoice on ordered units.
Sponsored