Sponsored

Ordered 02/26/21 - first Wrangler.

Lightsped

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Willys, 2017 Tacoma Off Road, Honda S2000.
Occupation
Technology Research
Well, finally placed an order yesterday for a 2 door Willys V-6 manual. Never placed an order before. Actually never owned a Dodge/Chrysler/Jeep either. Am both excited and nervous....
Sponsored

Boogey

First Name
Rami
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Sport S 2021
Congratulations.

Like you, I made my First ever Jeep purchase as well last October, JLU. Still getting used to it every day, no mods yet, little quirks here and there but you will slowly figure things out. Always excited to get in it and enjoy it!

My advice is to scan it thoroughly every inch in and out when you take delivery for any irregularities/paint/scratches etc and take it easy the first 500 miles or so and note down everything you find that could need attention!
Most of all, enjoy it and welcome to the rabbit hole!

Krondor

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JL - Punk'n Edition
Build Thread
Link
Congratulations!

It will be a change from your current stable, but I'm sure you will find life much more enjoyable once you drive her for a while. The Jeep encourages exploring new roads. Or not so great roads.

I failed to leave mine stock, but really you will be very surprised at where the Jeep can take you.

Oh and driving naked is a totally liberating experience.

Just remember, naked means no doors or top on the Jeep. ;)

Sponsored

mlkmet88

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Wrangler JKU Sport
Ordered my 2 door auto trans Freedom Edition 1/12/21 it was built 1/27/21 took delivery 2/27/21. They seem to build 2door quickly,but then it sat a week in equipment install and then 3 weeks for train/truck to/from NJ,. Manual trans may take a bit longer.

OP
OP
Lightsped

Lightsped

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Technology Research
Dealer originally estimated the build date of this Wrangler to be 03/18/21. Just received word from the dealer that the Jeep has been built early, and is in the paint process now.

OP
OP
Lightsped

Lightsped

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Technology Research
Quick update, dealer advised that the JL made it to the rail yard here in Georgia yesterday (03/25/21), one day ahead of schedule. Seems like we are getting close!

OP
OP
Lightsped

Lightsped

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Technology Research
Just to update the progress. Jeep was delivered to dealer and arrived yesterday. I am currently out of town in TN. Hope to pick it up Saturday.

Quick update, dealer advised that the JL made it to the rail yard here in Georgia yesterday (03/25/21), one day ahead of schedule. Seems like we are getting close!

Sponsored

OP
OP
Lightsped

Lightsped

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Technology Research
Picked up the Wrangler today (04/12/21). It had been at the dealership for a little over a week but was unable to pick it up as I was out of town. Anyways, it is kind of exciting seeing a vehicle go from a simple build order, to a VIN and then an actual vehicle.

The salesman was top notch. No complaints whatsoever. Extremely smooth transaction from the initial phone discussion all the way to delivery. Now I can only hope the Jeep will be as good.
Jeep Wrangler JL Ordered 02/26/21 - first Wrangler. DSC_0184
Jeep Wrangler JL Ordered 02/26/21 - first Wrangler. DSC_0187

Gladius Nova

First Name
Gladius
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JL
So was your dealer initiating the communication or were you calling and asking? He seemed to be top-notch on your build updates!

OP
OP
Lightsped

Lightsped

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Technology Research
Almost all updates were initiated by the salesman via email. Not pushy at all. Gave me 7% under invoice from the first day that the order was put in. No haggling or other nonsense.

So was your dealer initiating the communication or were you calling and asking? He seemed to be top-notch on your build updates!
Sponsored